Yep, it's that time again! I originally started this as a way to gain new followers. It didn't exactly work out that way but it was fun anyways and I wanted to continue doing it. I haven't had many participants in years past but hopefully this year will be different.
This isn't a swap for yourself, it's a swap for your dogs! No, we aren't swapping dogs, although sometimes I wouldn't mind trading mine in, lol! Basically, you'll each buy toys and/or treats for your swap partner and they'll do the same in return. You never know what you might get.
The deadline to enter is Wednesday, June 1st which gives you almost 10 days. Once your swap partner has been chosen, I will email you back from a different email address.
I've listed the ground rules below, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
1. You can only swap for up to three dogs. If you have more than three, don't despair. You can still participate but you'll have to decide which three will join the swap. I'll do my very best to match you up to someone who has the same number of dogs.
2. The maximum you can spend before postage is $30. You don't have to spend that much but you can't spend more than that!
3. You'll need to let me know when you sent your package and when you get yours. If I discover that you received one but never sent one out, you'll be outted and blacklisted from participating in the future!
4. You must post about the swap once you receive your package. I want to see what you got!
5. You have until June 30th to get those packages mailed out. That gives you one full month to go shopping and to get it in the mail.
6. This is the most important rule - HAVE FUN!!!!!
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please email the following information to me at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. The name(s) of your dog
2. Male or female
3. Breed of dog and size (small, medium, large, xlarge)
4. Is there anything your dog cannot have?
5. Is there anything in particular that your dog really likes? Examples of this might be a certain kind of toy or treat.
6. Your address. Your information will only be shared with your swap partner.
I didn't specify the first year whether or not people outside of the US could participate and had someone from Canada join in. It never occurred to me that someone from another country might read about it and want to do it too. So yes, even if you don't live in the US, you can still do the swap. You'll likely be partnered up with someone else from outside the US although not necessarily, it all depends on who else decides to take part.