Yep, it's that time again! I originally started this as a way to gain new followers. It didn't exactly work out that way, but it was fun anyways and I wanted to continue doing it. Thanks to Sarge, we had the highest number of participants last year and I'm hoping for even more this year!
This isn't a swap for yourself, it's a swap for your dogs! No, we aren't swapping dogs, although sometimes I wouldn't mind trading mine in, lol! Basically, you'll each buy toys and/or treats for your swap partner and they'll do the same in return. You never know what you might get.
The deadline to enter is Friday, June 1st which gives you 15 days. Once your swap partner has been chosen, I will email you back from a different email address.
I've listed the ground rules below, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
2. The maximum you can spend before postage is $30. You don't have to spend that much but you can't spend more than that!
3. You'll need to email me and your partner a tracking number for the package you sent out and to let me know when you've received your goodies from your partner. A tracking number adds less than $1 onto your mailing cost if you're using the Post Office and comes automatically if you're using FexEx or UPS. If I discover that you received a package but never sent one out, you'll be outted and blacklisted from participating in the future! Fortunately, this hasn't been an issue in the past, and I'd like to keep it that way.
4. You must post about the swap once you receive your package. I want to see what you got!
5. You have until Saturday, June 30th to get those packages mailed out. That gives you one full month to go shopping and to get it in the mail.
6. This is the most important rule - HAVE FUN!!!!!
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please email the following information to me at email@example.com:
1. The name(s) of your dog
2. Male or female
3. Breed of dog and size (small, medium, large, xlarge)
4. Is there anything your dog cannot have?
5. Is there anything in particular that your dog really likes? Examples of this might be a certain kind of toy or treat.
6. Your address. Your information will only be shared with your swap partner.
I didn't specify the first year whether or not people outside of the US could participate and had someone from Canada join in. It never occurred to me that someone from another country might read about it and want to do it too. So yes, even if you don't live in the US, you can still do the swap. You'll likely be partnered up with someone else from outside the US although not necessarily, it all depends on who else decides to take part.
I got to join in for the first time last year since we had an uneven number of people and it really was a lot of fun.