Monday, May 14, 2012

Fourth Annual Doggone Dog Swap

Yep, it's that time again!  I originally started this as a way to gain new followers.  It didn't exactly work out that way, but it was fun anyways and I wanted to continue doing it. Thanks to Sarge, we had the highest number of participants last year and I'm hoping for even more this year!

This isn't a swap for yourself, it's a swap for your dogs!  No, we aren't swapping dogs, although sometimes I wouldn't mind trading mine in, lol!  Basically, you'll each buy toys and/or treats for your swap partner and they'll do the same in return.  You never know what you might get.

The deadline to enter is Friday, June 1st which gives you 15 days.  Once your swap partner has been chosen, I will email you back from a different email address.

I've listed the ground rules below, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

1.  You can only swap for up to three dogs.  If you have more than three, don't despair.  You can still participate but you'll have to decide which three will join the swap.  I'll do my very best to match you up to someone who has the same number of dogs.

2.  The maximum you can spend before postage is $30.  You don't have to spend that much but you can't spend more than that!

3.  You'll need to email me and your partner a tracking number for the package you sent out and to let me know when you've received your goodies from your partner.  A tracking number adds less than $1 onto your mailing cost if you're using the Post Office and comes automatically if you're using FexEx or UPS.   If I discover that you received a package but never sent one out, you'll be outted and blacklisted from participating in the future!  Fortunately, this hasn't been an issue in the past, and I'd like to keep it that way.

4. You must post about the swap once you receive your package.  I want to see what you got!

5. You have until Saturday, June 30th to get those packages mailed out.  That gives you one full month to go shopping and to get it in the mail.

6. This is the most important rule - HAVE FUN!!!!!

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please email the following information to me at glitter.sprinkles@gmail.com
1.  The name(s) of your dog
2.  Male or female
3.  Breed of dog and size (small, medium, large, xlarge)
4.  Is there anything your dog cannot have?
5.  Is there anything in particular that your dog really likes?  Examples of this might be a certain kind of toy or treat.
6.  Your address.  Your information will only be shared with your swap partner.

I didn't specify the first year whether or not people outside of the US could participate and had someone from Canada join in.  It never occurred to me that someone from another country might read about it and want to do it too.  So yes, even if you don't live in the US, you can still do the swap.  You'll likely be partnered up with someone else from outside the US although not necessarily, it all depends on who else decides to take part.

I got to join in for the first time last year since we had an uneven number of people and it really was a lot of fun.  

15 showed me some love:

Finn said...

Awesome! We had so much fun last year, looking forward to it again!

Deborah said...

Yeah, I'm in, I haven't done this since last year! hehehehehe
How have you been? School going well!
Have a great day!
xxoo
Deborah

Unknown said...

I wish I could do this but I don't have the money :(

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, I'm so excited that it's Swap time again! This is a ton of fun and I hope you get lots and lots to pawticipate. I'm adding your info to the BCCalendar and I'M IN!!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Sketching with Dogs said...

Sorry, we can't really do it this year, perhaps next year might be better.
Hope everyone has fun though!
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

The Daily Pip said...

I'm in! I will email you soon!

Your pal, PIp

booahboo said...

This would be fun :) We would like to pawticipate :D

Jenny Woolf said...

Hah sounds like fun but I don't have a dog. :(

Posie said...

heyy therrr, ma nayme is posie n i is a border terrior whoo livezz in scottland n Iz reeeelly fink dat thiz looks prettiy cool n funn so cownt me in!!! Iz'll be emaiylern yoo over da nekst cuppel days, yeeeah eetz troo! love pdorg xox

Piappies World said...

Yay! It's the time of year and we are excited! We already sent you a pee-mail!

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie

Patrice and Higgins said...

I just popped over from Sarge's blog! Nice to meet you!! This sounds like loads of fun and I will send over a pee-mail ASAP!!

~Higgins

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Ernie and I want in... I will send you the email.

THANKS!!!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof1 Lots of Golden Thanks for inviting us. Unfortunately we have to pass ... as we just got our home goods and we still have to provide prizes for Where's Sugar Going participants. You'll be receiving yours sometime in June. Lots of Golden ALOHA n Woofs, Sugar

Sagira said...

We just sent you our info, sounds like a blast. :)

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

We are in!!! Yes, Yes...Mommy will send you an email this weekend.

Sniff ya later.....Weenie

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.