Monday, January 25, 2016

Is it Monday already?


So I made it through the first week of work.  It wasn't nearly as overwhelming as I expected it to be.  Still, I feel completely lost.  I'm learning to navigate the computer system better now but without help I still have no clue what the next step is, what I should be looking at and for specifically, and what it all means.  I tried writing the steps down but was discouraged to do so.  "You'll be doing it so often that you won't even need your notes, it'll just come naturally!"  Maybe so, but I feel like I need my notes until then.   They did give us screen shots of the screens, so that's nice.

Thankfully, my coworkers have all been very nice.  There are 13 newbies and we're all learning together.  I wonder if they feel as lost as I do, but I haven't asked.  We have one more week of training before we're out on our own.  I felt really good about everything as I drove home Friday evening, but then I had to weekend to think and I'm nervous to go back.  There is absolutely no way I'm ready to be out on my own yet.  I'm just praying that it all starts to sink in before the end of the week.  

I hope everyone who got hit by the nasty blizzard over the weekend is safe!

I'll try to be around sometime this week to visit everyone.  I should have done it over the weekend.  Instead, I felt antsy and colored a lot to relax.  I'm used to having either too much free time or absolutely none at all and had no idea what to do with myself over the weekend.   Here's a little bit of my work.

11 showed me some love:

genji said...

Half my job is training people on my company's instruments. I tell them it's not that hard, but to freely take notes, as it helps till it's second nature. I know I'm a copious note taker when I get trained on something new. Hunkered down for the storm with the pups in front of the fireplace :) Coloring is relaxing and therapy at the same time :)

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Sprinkles...we came over from Sarge's blog to say howdy and nice to meet you. Mom recently started coloring too. It is very relaxing.
Good luck with your new job
Hugs madi and mom

Two French Bulldogs said...

We like the staying in bed idea. Such a pretty pattern
Snorts,
Lily& Edward

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, I'm so proud of you for your new job! I know you'll continue to do well. Mom says to tell you working for a State can be a great thing...crossing paws you like it and can get on full time/permanent. (I think you said it's a State job)

BTW: Barking hello to Chico and Shiver.
BTW again: My crabby girls featured you on our bloggie today! :)

Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Furiend

Murphy said...

We were just talking about coloring this morning! Not sure what your new job is but our mom writes stuffs down like that too. We think you will be just fine!

Keep Calm & Bark On!

Murphy & Stanley

Sketching with Dogs said...

Glad that work is going well and you are settling in. It always takes a while and I guarantee all the people who started with your feel exactly the same.
Love the colouring pages, the bird is going to be beautiful when it is finished!
Lynne x

The Daily Pip said...

Glad the first week went well! I've been coloring, too. So funny how everyone is coloring these days.

LBJ said...

I do think coloring would be a nice way to relax. Me, I just try and eat the crayons. Best to you in your new job.

Abby the Lab and her Mom LB

M. K. Clinton said...

Hello! We came to say "Hello" from Sarge's blog. It is nice to meet you and yes, the other newbies feel just as lost. ☺

Julie said...

Bossman Sarge sent me over to say Hello and introduce myself
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm so glad your coworkers are nice - that makes such a difference.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.