Monday, May 9, 2016

Happy Monday!


I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day yesterday!  The rain dried up and the sun came out here so I can't complain.  I went shopping in the afternoon and came home I carried some grocery bags in the house and set them on the floor for a moment while I went back out to the car to get the rest.  I'd bought Shiver and Chico each a stuffie and Shiver had grabbed it out of the bag before I had a chance to get the tags off.  The boys like to sniff the bags, but they've never stolen anything out of them like that before.  The tags have since been removed so all is good!

My mom was on vacay the last two weeks so I took care of her beagle during that time.  In the past, Chico has done anything and everything to show his love for that beagle.  It doesn't seem to matter to him that Scamp is also a boy.  I'm happy to report that Chico controlled his urges this time around and barely even paid attention to Scamp!  My guess is since Scamp has rebuffed him repeatedly, he finally realized that the romance was doomed and it was time to move on.

I officially have four more weeks of work left unless we finish up early.  In the mean time I've been applying for jobs here and there and doing volunteer work.  I graduated exactly one year ago this past Saturday and was reflecting on my life since then.  This is so not how I pictured it!  :'(  This is my reality though and I have to deal with it.

Remember when I saw that deer at work?  Well, I saw SEVEN of them all at once last week!  I tried getting a video of it, only I got a video of the sidewalk instead.  I did get pictures though!

The chi's are good.  I've been trying to do a little spring cleaning here and there when I'm not working or volunteering.  They probably feel like I'm ignoring them, so I need to spend a little more quality time with them.  I bought them new stuffies out of guilt.  Shiver is beyond happy with his.  Chico got a few minutes of play time in, dropped it, and hasn't paid a lick of attention to it since then!  Anyway, I'm hoping to get a walk in soon if it isn't too hot out and maybe we can get a photo shoot done then!

7 showed me some love:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Things will all work out in the end. Seeing those deer must have been a feel good moment
Lily & Edward

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

BRAVO BRAVO... Chico and Shiver... WAY TO GO BOYZ.... no need to be forced to WAIT... if one can help ones Self. RIGHT?

Paws Crossed fur a good job to come your way QUICKLY.

The Daily Pip said...

Hang in there. I know your day is coming when everything will fall into place and you will find the perfect job!

Ruby said...

OMD, I always try and puts my snooter into Ma's bags when she comes home! A couple of weeks ago, I gots me a stuffie too! She said that was rude, butts you know, us doggies gotta have it! BOL
Nows, you keep your spirits up, I have confidence that you will find just the right job for you. Keep networking and stay positive! Lets Shiver and Chico keep you laughing...that's what I do for Ma....
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

The Menagerie Mom said...

It sounds like you've been keeping busy! I know it can sometimes be difficult to look back on your graduation and realize that things didn't pan out exactly like you hoped. But, someday you'll see that the path you take doesn't always matter as much as your destination. And you've still got plenty of time to get where you're going.

Wishing you continued luck in your job search! Don't worry, it will all work out in the end.

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

I have found life never really is how you imagined it would be. I hope the experience you gained at your job will help with future endeavours.

Jenny Woolf said...

That's a really nice gift for your mother, it must be a weight off her mind to know her dog is in good hands.( Though maybe you would have done it anyhow out of love!) How amazing that they have not raided the bags before. They are pretty good!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.