Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Random Randomness

Happy Belated Easter!  Yeah, I'm only two days late.  But you kinda know to expect that from me by now, right?  Most of mine was spent sleeping on and off.  I had a really full day this past Saturday and just wore myself out.  That evening I went to dinner with my mom.

I'm so so so sorry I haven't been around to visit much lately.  Between my allergies, sinuses, and eyes hurting so much after staring at computer all day, I've barely logged onto my laptop the last couple of days.  My allergies are wicked this year and I think I may also be coming down with a sinus infection.  Good times!  I'm going to do my very bestest to make the blog rounds this week.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that my contract was extended through the end of June.  The whole department was supposed to close by the end of the year.  An announcement last week came down that SOME of the department will remain after all.  There's no word yet how long this will last - whether this will be temporary or permanent.  I've been told this will have no effect on my contract what-so-ever.  I'm not anticipating another extension after it ends, although I honestly didn't expect to stay this long, so who knows?!  Anyway, someone that I kind of knew prior to coming to work there (I had no idea she worked there before I started!) asked with the new announcement if I'd been offered a permanent position.  I told her no, but I haven't applied for one so I wasn't too surprised.  She then asked if I might be interested in being hired on as a permanent employee, to which I replied, "Possibly, depending on the offer."  She works in a different sub-department, which will be also be staying.  She asked if it would be alright to pass my information along to her boss, because she thought that I'd be a great fit for her sub-department.  I was really flattered she'd be willing to do that for me, and told her I'd really appreciate that.  This just happened late yesterday afternoon so I haven't heard any more about it.  Absolutely nothing may come of this, but something could!  So we'll see!

Lynn's son, Lee, has a new Redbubble shop!  Please be sure to check it out, he's an excellent artist and some of his work is featured on the page.  You can order pre-made artwork such as cards, stickers, and notebooks, or I believe you can also request he draw or paint something specific such a picture of your pet. The shop is still brand new, so I'm sure he'll be posting new artwork over time.

2 showed me some love:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH MY... we HOPE beyond HOPE that you DO get and Take a Good OFFER for PERMANENT work. THAT would be FABULOUS. We have our paws crossed fur you.

Sketching with Dogs said...

Thank you for mentioning Lee's shop. He loves to draw pet portraits so if anyone would like one, please send him a message via his shop.
Lynne x

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.