Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Meme

Happy Veteran's Day!

*****

So I had an interview last Friday.  It was kind of disappointing.  The interview itself went well.  I think the job posting must not have indicated that the position pays a dollar less and offers less hours than my current job, because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have applied otherwise.  Oh well...  I'll just keep looking.

Took this from here.

1.  What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you as a result of procrastinating?

Well, this weekend I had tons and tons and tons of homework.  I had written everything out that I had to do so that I wouldn't miss anything, then broke it down into what day I would do what, to make things that much easier.  I got almost everything done, with the exception of two things.  

One of those things was to study for an upcoming math exam tomorrow.  I scheduled it out so that I'd study a bit each day so it wouldn't seem as overwhelming.  I abhor math with every beat of my heart, so I kept telling myself I'd put it off until the end of each day.  Yeah, never happened.  So now as a result of my procrastination, I'm going to fail.  I work and have class all day, and there's just no way I'm going to get it all down in one evening.

2.  Are you a member of the mile high club?

No.  Are you?

3.  What's worse, extremely cold or extremely hot weather?

Cold weather!  I hate cold weather.  Once winter hits, I freeze until late spring when I finally start to thaw out.  The only advantages are that I enjoy more hot chocolate and cappuccino's and that I have an excuse to curl up more with the boys.  (Not that I need an excuse for that!)

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.  
Last summer (2012), I think it was, I visited the Butterfly Exhibit at the zoo.  That was so cool,  because there were hundreds of butterflies everywhere, and some of them landed on me.  There were many kinds that I'd never seen before, and each one was beautiful.  Later that summer, I went to Birds of Prey.  When we went inside and walked around, there was a small exhibit of butterflies displayed on the wall that were amazing!  Some of them I'd seen at the zoo, but many of them I had not.  Some of the butterflies were huge.  That's what I think of when I see this.

I also have a tramp stamp of a butterfly.  I love it!

3 showed me some love:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that the job was not as you thought moneywise etc. The butterfly reminds us of Under The Dome as we have been watching it recently.
Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Sketching with Dogs said...

How funny, we have so much in common - I am a terrible procrastinator as well and abhor maths. I hate cold weather and am not a member of the mile high club, lol. Also I love butterflies.
Lynne x

Ruby said...

Oh, Ma hates math too! Well, she loved algebra (yeah, she's REALLY weird!!), butts other than that, she sucks!! I hopes it went okay...
I likes cold weather, butts that probably because it really doesn't get THAT cold here in California! BOL Maybe the coldest low Ma can remember was in the 20's, so it's what Ma likes to call 'California Cold', not cold-cold (if that makes any sense at all!!! hehehe)
Ooooh, that butterfly exhibit sounds really cool!! I likes chasin' them! BOL
Kisses,
Ruby ♥☺

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.