Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Swap

I love swaps!  They can really be a lot of fun.  I decided to join a Valentine Swap because I'm sick of never actually having a Valentine and watching everyone else get stuff, while I get nothing.  It's happened year after year after year, so I usually take Valentine's Day off work just so I can avoid the awkwardness and uncomfortableness.  It's not that I've never had a boyfriend, I've just never seemed to have one on Valentine's Day.  This year, I decided that I either needed to buy my own Valentine present, or join a swap.  Participating in a swap seemed to be the less pathetic choice, so that's what I went with.

I got partnered up with the host, Kristin, after apparently signing up too late, and she was kind enough to take pity on me and allow me to still join in the fun.

Here's what I got:  
A beautiful scarf, which is the backdrop for this picture, Starbs hot cocoa, coffee cup, Carmex lip moisturizer, a bag full of chocolates, and a card.  
Cute cup!  There's actually 2 packets of cocoa, the other one was stuffed in the cup still when I took this picture.  You can kind of see the decorative paper sticking out.  
One can never go wrong with chocolates!  I'm proud to say that I still have most of the bag left.  Normally, I inhale chocolate like there's no tomorrow, but I've vowed to save this and make it last.   
Now if I just had a guy to kiss, this would be perfect!  That's OK, I'm still gonna enjoy it!  And my lips will be nice and soft when the right guy does come around!   
One of the rules for this swap was that you were supposed to make your own card.  So I had to laugh that the host sent me a store-bought one!   
Here's a closer look at the scarf.
If you want to see what I got Kristin, click on her name to take you to her blog.  Everyone is linking up today to show what they received.  Much thanks to Kristin, I love everything!

3 showed me some love:

Unknown said...

That is a great lot of goodies you got there for your Valentines swap. Have a tremendous Thursday.
Best wishes Molly

Sketching with Dogs said...

What a fun swap, I love the things you got each other. Anything with spots on is good.
Lynne x

Kristin said...

haha…I totally didn't make the card rule…Meg did! So glad you liked your gift! :)

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.