Monday, October 6, 2014

Funday Munday

My first three day weekend this semester was over before I knew it.  It's like I blinked and it was gone.  How does 4 days of work, school, internship, and homework drag on so so long, yet a day off is over so quickly?

My birthday is this coming Sunday, and I have a FOUR day weekend!!!  Sooooooooo excited, I can't even tell you!  It's gonna be filled with homework, as usual, but I hope to fit some fun things in there too.
*******
Took this from here.

1.  When was the last time you gave yourself a pat on the back?  

Last week.  One professor gives us random quizzes.  I didn't remember most of the material the quiz covered since I'd read it several days earlier.  I got 7 out of 10 points, so I was telling a classmate that I did better than I thought I did.  My professor said, "Don't strain yourself too hard trying to pat yourself on the back there!  I graded these very lightly."  Still, I was happy that I got a decent grade.

2.  In public restrooms, do you hover or sit?

Thankfully, most public restrooms these days have those toilet seat covers, so I sit.  I'm sure those covers really don't do much to protect you, but it makes me feel better.  

Without the cover, sometimes I'll sit and sometimes I'll hover.  It mostly depends on how clean the restroom looks overall.  If the seat is wet, I hover for sure.

 3.  If you could take back something you did to someone, what would it be?

I used to work with this chick who took personal calls all day long and they never seemed to last any less than 20 minutes -- in fact, most seemed to last considerably longer!  I don't know how she managed to get any work done.  I was still pretty new there, so I didn't say anything for awhile.  Then I had my first evaluation.  The boss kept asking me repeatedly what I liked/didn't like about the job.  I kept telling her that I really liked the job, but she wouldn't let up.

I finally told her that there was a certain coworker who was on the phone all.the.time with personal calls.  My boss didn't say much.  The coworker found out that I'd told on her, and suddenly we weren't as friendly anymore.  

This coworker then became pregnant.  She often came in late and left early.  She took extra long breaks, fell asleep at her desk, and still continued with the personal phone calls daily.  I hadn't said anything to my boss about it, but knew that she was aware as other coworkers had complained repeatedly.  I'm not sure if my boss let it slide because the girl was pregnant, or maybe she just didn't know what to do about it.  This went on for a couple of months and I grew fed up.  

So I called the 1-800# for HR and left an anonymous complaint.  Nothing happened and this coworker did not change her behavior.  I finally told a different coworker that I'd complained to HR.  This particular coworker told everyone and anyone who would listen that I was a snitch and that everyone should watch their backs around me.  This completely shocked me, since she complained the loudest about the pregnant coworker!  I got lots of flack for it from everyone, and it severed the relationship with the pregnant girl for a long while.  

I would take back turning her into HR because I do think there were other/better ways to have handled the situation.  My boss quit shortly after and we got a new boss who was extremely unpleasant, so a lot of her behavior was stopped thereafter.  Not all of it, but a lot of it.

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.
I thought maybe it was a dirty window during a rainstorm, but it's labeled concrete.  So it's dirty concrete.

My dad had a very good friend who used to lay concrete down for sidewalks.  For whatever reason, he asked me to come work for him one day.  I did, and I hated every second of it.  It was hard work!  Luckily, it was only a one day job.  That's what this picture reminds me of.  

4 showed me some love:

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, happy barkday a little bit early! Sounds like you are very busy.
Great list today! Last week I managed to slurp my Dad right up his face and I was pretty proud of myself, but you did great on your quiz. I use the three-legged approach for peemail and I'm glad you don't try that one. BOL. That last pix looks like my digging marks and little clods of mud. Oh, this was fun!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Pol Comm

Unknown said...

Can't remember the last time I gave myself a pat on the back. Yikes hate public toilets and try and avoid them. That was not nice to make you take the blame. I can't think of anything to hand at the moment. The pic reminds us this morning here, all miserable grey and raining. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Ruby said...

Great post Sprinkles. Co workers who talk loud on calls should be banned from the work place or delegated to the loo whenever they answer calls. It is bad enough when they are loud on official calls, but personal? I guess the only thing you should have done is tell her first and then all of the above.
I faced the same problem at work but luckily now my seat is at the end so no more loud frogs croaking around :)))

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

A nice FOUR day weekend is the best Birthday Pressie EVER... Enjoy every Swift Second to the fullest... and have a VERY VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.