Monday, January 19, 2015

Happy MLK Jr. Day

Martin Luther King Jr. is my hero today because I get to sleep in!!!  And because I don't have work/classes/internship today.  Last week was absolutely exhausting, especially since I was still trying to figure out my class schedule.  I have it figured out now; now all I need to do is get the necessary signatures and turn in the proper paperwork.

This semester looks to be my busiest one yet.  When I was scheduling classes last semester, I tried to give myself an hour between them so that I wouldn't feel rushed.  Unfortunately, I have a zillion things to take care of in between classes so I have not been able to enjoy that free time.  This week doesn't look any better either, sadly.

And the homework -- every semester, I sit down and write down all of my major assignments on the calendar so that I don't miss anything.  This semester, I have at least two essays due for different classes almost every week in addition to other various assignments.  I feel like I'm never gonna see the light of day until graduation!  I'm worn out just thinking about it all.

So please forgive me if I'm not able to get around to visiting everyone as often as I might like.
*******
Took this from here.

1. What's the worst advice you ever took?

Back in my younger years, I seem to recall being very drunk at a bar one night.  I knew that I was drunk, yet continued to drink.  The people I was hanging out with bought several rounds and kept telling me to drink up.  I remember going to the bathroom at one point during the evening to pee.  For some reason beyond my sober comprehension, I decided to lay down on the floor next to the toilet for a little while.  I don't know how long I was in there, but someone eventually came in and found me.  She asked me if I was alright and I said yes.  She left, then came back a minute or so later with one of the people I was at the bar with.  My friend said that it was time for me to go home.

Listening to my friends who told me to continue drinking was really bad advice!

2.  Pick a divisive issue currently in the news.  Explain to the best of your ability both sides of the issue as if you believe each side.  

A big issue in the news here is gay marriage.  Our state governor is against it, and is taking it all the way to the Supreme Court.

For - We should not discriminate by not allowing gays to marry.  It has no bearing on anyone else other than those entering into marriage.

Against - God meant for marriage to be between Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.  Marriage between two men or two women is going against nature.

3.   When you were a child, who were your favorite relatives?

Because my father was in the military, we didn't live near any of my parents' relatives.  We would go to visit them maybe once every 5 years or so, or maybe they'd come visit us.  I never really got to know any of them.  My favorite one was always my aunt on my mom's side.  She was always so nice!  Even today, she's still my favorite.

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.  

I couldn't tell what this picture was of at first, but discovered that it's Niagara Falls when I went to save it.  About a year or two before my dad died, he and my mom went there.  They took a bunch of pictures, and it was really beautiful.  My dad bought me a souvenir there, but I don't remember what it was.  I do remember him telling me that he forgot his jacket that day, so he bought one at a shop there.

5 showed me some love:

Unknown said...

Oh my, can't think of anything off hand for the first two. All our relations were abroad so we never really saw them. Not doing very well here today as we could not see a picture. 0/10 for today's effort I think for us. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Two French Bulldogs said...

a special man
Lily & Edward

The Daily Pip said...

Good luck with your classes and coursework. It sounds like you are doing a great job!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Happy MLK Day to you!
Hope everything goes okay with your classes.
If I had a pound for every piece of bad advice I've been given I would be a rich woman now, LOL.
Lynne x

SWMNBN said...

One day at a time... deep breaths. The prospect of a busy semester can be overwhelming- I remember the feeling oh too well. But I know you can do it. Graduation will be here before you can blink.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.