Monday, August 31, 2015

August Chewy.com Review

I don't imagine I was missed too terribly much since I don't seem to be getting many comments lately, but I took the past week off from blogging.  August was a rough month for me and I just needed time to sit back and reflect on everything.  Tomorrow is the start of a new month, so hopefully I can put all the craziness of August behind me and start over in a much happier place.  :)
*******
I meant to post this much sooner, but life seems to have a nasty habit of getting in the way of well laid plans, doesn't it?

My boys love, Love, LOVE getting goodies from Chewy.com, and we couldn't pass up the treats from the August collection.  We chose the Dogswell Vitality Jerky Bars - Chicken and Veggies flavor.
As you can see, it's made up of 85% chicken, 15% fruits and veggies, and 0% bad stuff.  And best of all, it's made in the good ol' USofA.  They contain chicken, tomatoes, cranberries, flaxseed, cane molasses, peas, carrots, spinach, apples, salt, tocopherols, rosemary extract, zinc, prpionate, ascorbate acid, and vitamin A acetate.  See, good stuff!  

I did not notice until after the dogs had sampled several that the expiration date had already come and gone by five months.  By then it was too late to send them back probably, so I didn't follow up with Chewy about that.  If I had paid for them though, I most certainly would have.  Otherwise, the chi's are quite happy with our choice.
They kind of remind me of brownie bites with the size and consistency.  The quarter is for size comparison.  They're very soft, so even Chico can enjoy them with his bad teeth.  These bars help maintain eyes, skin, and coat.
I don't know what I was thinking when I went to take pictures.  The first time I stood there with my iPod in hand watching them chow down while I smiled like a goon at them before I realized that I'd forgotten to take any pictures.  By then, the treats were long gone.  So I tried again tonight and totally forgot to grab my iPod until after they were done eating.  So you get a simulation with the Shiver Chico-minis.  Aren't they cute?

The boys give them seven paws up.  We'd have given them all eight paws if the treats hadn't expired so many months prior to them arriving at our house.  

We were not compensated financially for this post, but were provided free samples of dog treats in return for our honest opinions.

4 showed me some love:

Two French Bulldogs said...

We are not allowed jerky but it sure looks good
Lily & Edward

Ruby said...

Oh noes! I hopes September will bring you more peace and joy! I knows some months can just suck the life outta you! Paws crossed for a good month
Nows, sorry abouts the expired treaties! Well, at least they look delish! And look like a good size too...I likes me some big treaties! BOL
Great review!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Ziggy Stardust said...

Thank you for this great review. Mommy is gonna check those out. They look just right for me.

Ziggy Out!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Don't worry about the expired date. It is more or less a "best to buy" date and products are usually fine for much longer.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.