Monday, August 10, 2015

Mo Money Monday

(This might make a small dent in my bills!)

Mo Money as in, "I need mo money!"  This has been an expensive week.

Poor little Chico had some bumps on his head earlier this year when I took him to the vet for his annual shots.  The vet said that it was nothing to worry about and was likely a result of him rubbing his head against his plastic food bowl.  I told the vet that my boys use porcelin bowls, so that couldn't be it.  But the bumps were small, the vet seemed to think it wasn't a big deal, and I just didn't worry about it too much.  The bumps were slow to heal, but heal they did.

I then noticed several more bumps further down on his little head.  Upon closer inspection, they were actually sores with scabs all in a straight line.  I thought it was weird, but it didn't seem to bother him too much so I decided to just keep an eye on it.  Pretty soon there were even more bumps/scabs and it was really yucky.  He kept scratching at them, so I tried putting some creme on them to help them heal.  Finally I realized that the creme didn't seem to be helping and that a vet visit was in order.  We saw a different vet this time, one I was much more familiar with.  He put Chico on a steriod and an antibiotic.  It's helped a lot already, but the sores still have a ways to go before they're fully healed.  The steriod has taken the itching away for the most part.

This past Saturday I got in the car and had difficulty starting it up.  Finally did, and as I drove to my friend's birthday party, the "service engine" light came on.  When it was time to go home, I got back in the car and had problems getting it started again.  I seriously thought it wasn't going to start up at all!  So I need to call the mechanic this morning and see when I can bring it in.  Why do things like this always happen when I'm so poor?

I had a job interview this past week.  Rather -- I thought it was a job interview!  The job was for campaign work, which I'm really not super interested in, but still...it was a job!  I'd met the candidate previously and had submitted my resume.  We met up in a Starbucks and talked for an hour, after which time he told me that he's not hiring right now, and that he's still figuring out what he's doing since this is all so new for him.  Very disappointing.  I have an appointment later in the week for the school career center, so hopefully they can help me find a job.  

If I can get the car fixed quickly, I'll be volunteering for a few hours too.  The guy who set everything up is funny, so I'm sure it'll be a fun time.

At the party on Saturday, there were two ladies sitting at my table that I'd never met before.  The three of us had a really nice talk.  When we were parting ways, one of them asked if she could have my contact information and said that she knew of a place that might be hiring.  She's going to check with them and get back to me.  So I'm hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed!

2 showed me some love:

The Daily Pip said...

I know the feeling ...sometimes all these things to go wrong or break at the same time. Ugh ...pretty much everything in our house is broken. It's almost funny!

Hoping your find a new job soon!

Ruby said...

Oh Chico! I hopes those sores heal real fast and your Moms car is fixable! Yuppers, I don't knows why all the expensive things happen at once....
I sure hopes that your Moms interviews go well...finding a job can be real tough! I say, tonight your MOms should put her feet up and I'll send over a margarita...or 87..☺
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.