Monday, November 9, 2015

Hello Hello!

I had to take last week off from blogging because my laptop decided to quit charging.  Don't ask me why, because I have no idea what's up with that!  I bought a new charger and that didn't work either.  It wasn't the new charger, it was my laptop that was the problem.  Took the new charger back and fought and fought and fought with my computer some more, and now it charges again.  I don't know why, I just know that I'm super happy about it!  I have an 87 year old PC that freezes up constantly most days, and that just was NOT gonna work for blogging purposes.  But my laptop is back, and so am I!  I visited a few of you last night, and will try to catch up with everyone else in the next day or two.  It's good to be back!

Chico is doing well.  The swelling in the lymph nodes have gone down to what feels like normal size again and he hasn't had any new sores since he's been on the steroid this past month or so.  He has a couple of tiny tiny persistent sores in between his eyes, but even those are almost completely healed now.  He's gained a little bit of weight, which he really did need.  His hair is even growing back now, so I'm praying that things will be better when we go back to the vet at the end of the month.  The steroid isn't going to cure his cancer or put him in remission, but it'll keep him comfortable for now.  If his white blood cell count isn't any better, then we'll discuss chemo.  Thanks again to everyone who donated to his cancer fund.  Shiver is also doing well.
Don't you just love his cute little coat?  Lynne sent it along with several others last winter.  

Nothing new to report on the job front really.  I went to a networking dinner last week and made a few contacts.  Sent my resume to them the next day and no one responded, which is fairly typical.  I did a telephone interview with a guy who is opening a business here in the next week or two.  I'm kind of iffy on whether or not I really want that job.  If it's offered to me though, I don't really have a lot of choice but to accept it.  I also have an upcoming interview this week with a nonprofit agency.  That one is a work from home job, which would be perfect!  But I'm betting it won't pay much and there probably wouldn't be any benefits to go with it.

What's new with you?

10 showed me some love:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Computers are so great and so frustrating at the same time, glad you got your charger to work.
That little man looks so gorgeous, that is great news about his lymph nodes going down.
The one working from home sounds perfect from yours and the dogs point of view, fingers crossed it is a decent wage with benefits.
Lynne x

Two French Bulldogs said...

Sending you lots of Frenchie good vibes Chico
Lily & Edward

Jenny Woolf said...

I am very glad that Chico is responding to treatment. He must be a lot more comfortable now.

The Adventures of The Bell Fur Zoo said...

Glad your computer is fixed. Sounds like everyone is feeling a lot better.

Prayers you find a job soon :)

xoxo,
Ginger, Matt & Matilda's Mom

Kathy G said...

Glad to hear that things are going well with your baby :-)

My Hubby's had an ongoing problem with his laptop not charging. He's tried having work done on the laptop and has also bought a new cord. The combination of the two seems to be working. Fingers crossed that you have good results, too.

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Chico does look adorable in his coat. It looks very comfy. So glad he is doing some betteR. He is still in my prayers.


God bless.......the Mommy

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Here's hoping that one of those jobs will come through. Even if they are not what you would like, they could lead to better opportunities. Good luck.

Ziggy Stardust said...

Chico I am so happy you are feeling a little better. I am keeping paws crossed.

Ziggy Out!!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

My laptop does the same thing, on its last leg 6 years old. I use it plugged up.....but I do have an iPad that I love! Hope the little doggie feels better!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

I'm glad that Chico is doing better. That must be scary for you. That coat is really cute.
http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.