Monday, December 28, 2015

Merry Monday

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!  Mine was quite nice.  Santa was very generous this year, as he usually is.  Knowing this could be Chico's last Christmas, I brought him and Shiver with me to hang out at my mom's for the day.  Shockingly, Chico left my mom's beagle alone all day.  Chico loves my mom's beagle and tries to show that love as frequently as possible, so that's kind of surprising.  

What did Santa bring you?  One of my favorite gifts this year was a solar angel for the garden.  I took it out to the yard right after I got home.  It immediately lit up which surprised me and it was so so so pretty!  I tried sticking it in the ground and apparently pushed too hard and it broke, which made me sad.  I now have to find another one just like it because I don't want to make my mom feel bad that I destroyed it ten seconds after I got it!  Ugh!

What a difference a week makes!  Last Monday I commented that I have no job prospects.  Well, I have an interview today and another one tomorrow!  They're both only temporary and don't pay very well at all, but it's money and it's experience.  Plus they're both an opportunity to network more and hopefully find an even better job, so I'm just trying to remain positive about it.  Both jobs are seasonal so if nothing else, it might be an opportunity to come back and work in the future.  One job would be full time and the other part time.  If those don't work out, I've been invited to attend two different workshops after the New Year.  They're both free and another opportunity to network.

I noticed recently that I lost 5 followers in one day.  I mentioned it to Lynne and told her I felt bad to have lost so many at once.  She said she lost 4 followers the same exact day and we wondered if maybe it might be a Blogger thing?  It seemed suspicious that we both lost several on the same day.  Has anyone else noticed that they've lost several lately?  Lynne also said that some of her newer followers don't show up in her followers list either.

Flipping through my Wreck This Journal recently, I came across a page that I thought would be fairly easy.  I feel like it's an epic failure though!
The page says to collect pocket lint and glue it there.  I decided to use laundry lint collected from the dryer instead and saved it from a couple of different laundry sessions.  I printed out a stencil thinking I'd just follow that and it would be so easy to create something cool.  Have you ever tried to cut lint from the laundry with scissors?  It doesn't work very well!  I finally ended up just tearing it.  My glue was like 20 years old (not really, but old nonetheless!) and didn't want to squeeze out properly.  Oh well.  It was fun all the same.  My lint is on the right, the stencil is on the left so that you can hopefully figure out what it's supposed to be.

6 showed me some love:

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

I lost some followers too. Weird.
Glad you had a nice Christmas. I think your lint bird is perfect.

The Daily Pip said...

That's great about the interviews! Crossing my fingers (and paws) for you! I am sure one of them will work out.

I have lost some followers, too, and agree it's probably a blogger thing.

Good luck!

Two French Bulldogs said...

It sounds like a wonderful Christmas friends
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Sketching with Dogs said...

What a shame about your angel, they should make them more robust to go outdoors.
Hope your interview goes well and you get offered them both, then you can choose.
It will be interesting to see if anyone else lost followers.
I like your lint bird, it looks good with the 2 colours. Maybe get some more glue, you are bound to use it for that book.
Lynne x

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

We are so glad that you had a good Christmas and that Chico was there with you for it.
We have our paws crossed for BOTH of the interviews...

Ziggy Stardust said...

Good luck with the interviews! I am glad you had a nice Christmas. I did too.

Ziggy Out!!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.