Monday, July 25, 2016

Rest In Peace, Little One

Yay, my internet is BACK!!!  After much back and forth with the phone company and researching other internet options, I finally had a guy come out to fix it.  It hasn't worked properly since January, and the last 6-8 weeks I didn't have it at all.  It's so nice to not have to go to the coffee shop to use my laptop anymore.  I'll be around to visit everyone very soon!
*******
As you have probably heard, sweet little Dip from Sketching With Dogs crossed the Rainbow Bridge last week.  I'm always sad whenever I hear of a pet from Blogville passing away.  This one hit particularly hard for a couple of reasons.  I've been emailing Lynne almost daily for the last year and a half to two years now, so that makes it a little more personal.  Also, Dip looks like the long haired version of Chico, who is suffering from leukemia.  While Chico is doing well for the most part, it was a reminder that he probably only has a short time left with me.  
Dip suffered from dementia for almost a year.  She seemed to be doing well up until the last few weeks, then had a devastating stroke.  She was a feisty little thing, and I don't doubt she's up in Heaven now looking down on Lynne and the family, watching over them all until they meet again.
If you haven't already, please stop by and give Lynne your condolences.  

All pictures used with Lynne's permission.

11 showed me some love:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful tribute to Dip, it means the world to me.
She was such a character and we loved her dearly. It is a consolation to know she is at peace and not confused any more. Thank you for all your support, I hope Chico will be with you a lot longer.
Lynne x

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Glad your internet is fixed. We were saddened to hear about Dip.

The Menagerie Mom said...

I was so sad to hear of Dip's passing. I'm sending my prayers and good thoughts to Lynne. She gave Dip such a wonderful, blessed life, and the love they shared will live on forever.

Now, I can only imagine how thrilled you must feel with your internet finally going again after 6-8 weeks without it. It's amazing how much we depend on the internet these days, and without it we feel so lost. So I'm glad that it's finally resolved for you!

Julie said...

Its good to have you back butt isn't it sad about Dip
I haf sent lots of luffs and hugs to her lovely Mum and family
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm sorry to hear about Dip passing away. I don't know Lynne but I can tell just by looking at Dip what a great little companion has been lost. I am glad that Chico is still with you.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Our pets live too short a life but give love and joy to their owners every single day that they share with us.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh no so sorry to hear about Dip. It breaks our heart too.
Yep that internet stuff is frustrating
Snorts
Lily & Edward

genji said...

Glad you don't have to leave the house just to get an Internet connection. Yes, it hits harder when you feel like you personally know the dog, even if you've never met in real life.

The Daily Pip said...

I was so sad to hear about Dip's passing. I just loved her so much. Her face was so adorable and expressive. I'm sending lots of love and support to Lynn and family

Ruby said...

Oh, Dip was sure a cutie patootie! I was so sad to hears she crossed the Bridge. Sendin' her family lots and lots of {{hugs}}} and AireZens
Kisses,
Ruby ♥
pees: I hopes your intermutts stay on! Sometimes you have to relent to the internet geeks....☺

Louis the Blogging Dog said...

I am so sorry to hear of your friend Dip's leaving this world. I didn't know her 'cause I am new in Blogville but from reading all the comments & what you have said, it is clear that she was well loved. Now she is in a peaceful woofy place.
Louis Dog Armstrong

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.