Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Labor Day

I'm finally starting to settle in at work and things are slowly falling into place.  I still have lots of questions but I'm feeling a little more comfortable.  My friend started last week so it's nice to have someone there that I know.  We haven't gotten to have lunch together yet and probably won't as long as we're there.  I'm so glad to be a temp there - the permanent employees work lots of overtime and weekends.  The company will be hiring more temps soon.

I like to go walking on my lunch hour and recently discovered Freak Alley Gallery very near where I work.  I'll share some of the pictures next week.  It's a cool place filled with artwork and it inspired a similar project in my town.

This past Saturday I went to a balloon launch.  They've done this for the past 25 years.  This is only the second year I've gone.  It's a 5-day event and the balloons can be seen in the sky for several miles.  I wanted to share a few pictures from the event because it was such a fun morning, even if I did have to get up at 5:00 AM!

Enjoy!

5 showed me some love:

The Daily Pip said...

We went to balloon launch once in WI. It was really beautiful and so cool to watch all the balloon go from flat to fully blown up.

Glad your new job is going well!!!

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

So glad this temp job is working out.

Sketching with Dogs said...

So glad to hear you are settling in at work. It's nice to have a friend there.
Those balloons are really great, what a fun thing to go to!
Lynne x

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Glad to hear that work is going well for you.

We see those pretty balloons fly over our house a lot. There is a launch site not too far from our place. Sometimes the people call down and wave to us.

Have a good week.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Ruby said...

OMD, I am sooo glads you are enjoyin' your job! It's always nice to have a friendly face around. Oh, those balloons are just amazin'!
I would loves to see those someday! {{hugs}}
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.