Monday, December 12, 2016

IT'S C-C-C-O-O-O-L-L-L-D-D-D

Not only is it cold outside, I actually have a cold.  The people at work like to share.  Everyone seems to have it, so I was destined to get it too.  Instead of shopping for Christmas presents, I spent the weekend in bed with a fever.  It's been awhile since I've had a cold and this one feels like it's hit harder than usual.  Shiver was quite the pain between trying to steal my tissues and insisting on being petted.  Chico was his usual sweet and cuddly self.  Took some Nyquil Saturday night and had some very weird dreams.  Feeling better now, just wish the extremely stuffy nose would clear up.
We've gotten our first and second snow, then the rain came and washed it all away.  The rain froze, making driving dangerous.  We're due even more snow in the coming week.  The boys hate the white stuff and it's hard to get them to go out in it to do their business.

My contract was supposed to end with my current job at the beginning of the year.  Thankfully, it has been extended another month.  My boss says she thinks they'll probably keep me at least through March.  The department is closing sometime in the new year, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to stay on.  I'm just extremely grateful and hope I can continue working there for awhile longer.  I'd just barely started to get some bills paid down, then Shiver got sick and now I'm right back to where I was before I started, debt-wise.

Shiver is still doing well.  He still isn't 100% back to normal, but close enough.  He just has one very small side effect that doesn't affect his quality of life.  He's down to being weaned off one last medication and if all goes well, he won't need to go back on them. Chico is also doing well.  Looking at them, I don't think anyone else would ever guess that anything was wrong with either of them.

8 showed me some love:

Linda said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you're back in tip top shape real soon!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Sorry to hear you picked up a cold from work. Hope you are feeling a lot better now after resting in bed. That must be a big relief to know they are extending your job, great news and also great news about Shiver feeling so much better too!
Lynne x

Louis the Blogging Dog said...

So glad that Shiver and Chico are doing well. I will keep all four paws crossed fur them!
Your Furend
Louis Dog Armstrong

Kathy G said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon. Good news about your job.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

It is not only COLD... and you HAVE a Cold... butt it is SNOWY Too... we have 8 inches of THAT.
Hope you feel better soon.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

There is a bug going around here too. Two of the grands have been sick with temps and body aches and very bad headaches. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Woos - Lightning and Misty

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

I am glad shiver is doing better. I do hope your get to keep your job. It can be so frustrating and the worries. I hope your cold is better. Stay warm and cozy. Love, Linda

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

I'm glad you are feeling a little better. That's a bummer that you were in bed all weekend, but you had your pups to keep you company.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.