Monday, March 29, 2010

Photo Tag

The Fiesty Three have been very generous to me!  First they tagged me for a Photo Tag which I've already done once before but decided to play again since it was so much fun the first time!  And as if that wasn't enough, they also were kind enough to give me an award!  I tried to post the award but it didn't print out the flashy words.  I posted the code too but I don't know what I'm doing wrong so I gotta figure it out first before I post it.

The rules for the tag are to go to your first picture folder and post your tenth photo.  I only have one folder which is filled with awards I've been given and pictures that I use for Wordless Wednesday's.  I've added and deleted pictures since doing the first photo tag but the tenth picture is still the same.  So...I went to my folder, scrolled all the way to the bottom and counted to ten starting with the last picture first.  For your viewing pleasure, I present to you:
The amazing Skeletor!  Wesley was standing on his front porch one day when this pit bull walked up to him.  He's been nursing Skelly back to health ever since.  Fortunately, he looks much, much, much better today!  You'd never know he's the same dog!

I'm supposed to tag 5 friends.  After thinking about it for awhile and realizing probably everyone has already done this already, I've decided that if you want to do this, feel free to do so!  I don't know who else to tag!

I have limited computer skills, for anyone who might have guessed differently.  What, no one did?  Yeah, yeah!  So I have a question for those more skilled than I am.  I'm following someone that I no longer want to follow.  How do I delete this person's blog from the list?  I did it once before a really long time ago and I can't figure out how to do it again.  I don't normally unfollow blogs but this is one that I just don't read anymore and don't have much interest in.  If I comment on your blog regularly, then I'm not gonna unfollow you.  Not that anyone was worried about that!

My interview on Friday was probably the easiest interview ever!  I interviewed with one lady first and then another lady.  There were a couple of things that could have gone better.  The job is in another town and I wasn't familiar with the area so I printed off directions I got from google and they were wrong.  Actually, they were mostly correct but they had me turning the wrong way down a one way street.  The directions said the building was on the right side.  Since I was one the wrong side of the street (and didn't immediately realize it), I was looking on the wrong side wondering why I couldn't find it.  Thank goodness I quickly realized that I was going the wrong way and parked on a side street.  It didn't immediately sink in that I was looking on the wrong side for the building.  I saw someone walking and stopped him to ask for directions.  Randomly, it turns out it was someone I worked with at a job from a really long time ago!  As I said on Friday, I don't know that he remembered me or not but he was very nice!  It took a minute before I recognized him as he looks a little different now with a beard.  It finally occured to me to go look on the other side of the street and there the building was.  I don't know for certain but I was probably a few minutes late with all the confusion.  I HATE to be late!!!  Especially when making a first impression because you never get to make another one.  And it is SO important when you're interviewing for a job! 

Then I called the company by the wrong name.  Ugh!!!  Fortunately, the lady laughed and says she has to be careful when she answers the phone sometimes because she's been known to give the wrong name too!  The company name is Fitzpatrick, I called it Fitzgerald.  I'm sure that didn't win me any points!

They said I'd hear back today or tomorrow.  Haven't heard anything back today so maybe tomorrow.

That same afternoon, I attended my job assistance meeting.  I honestly don't feel like they've done a single thing to help me but it's free and gets me out of the house so I go.  They were going to send me to some other agency to work on mock interviewing.  Well, I don't know what's up with that other agency but they haven't gotten around to doing them yet so my caseworker is working on creating her own program.  That's excellent news because the agency was in another town and while I have a car, it's a 45 minute drive each way.  Having something locally would save me time and gas which is a win-win situation all the way around! 

I was done with all my running around after that and came home.  I saw my neighbor in the driveway (we share a driveway) and went over to say hello.  He has been out of a job for 15 months now.  Yikes!  My neighbor is generally a pretty nice guy but I didn't leave with my self-esteem intact when our conversation was done.  He told me I looked like I was 43 and that I could stand to lose 25 to 30 pounds.  Um, I'm not 43, I'm actually younger.  I don't think I look 16 anymore but seriously, I didn't think I looked 43 either!  Most people think I'm in my mid to late 20's.  So I apparently look old and fat!  Just kind of ruined my day.

This weekend was filled with housework.  I let my puppies out for awhile and continued my work on Saturday afternoon.  Typically, I let the dogs out and Shiver scratches on the door every two minutes.  As soon as I open the door, he runs off again.  I think he just wants to know I'm still there even though he can't see me.  He did this a few times but then a long while had passed and it occured to me that he hadn't scratched for a long time.  I went outside and discovered my babies were missing!  What a truly awful feeling!  I ran back in the house and grabbed the leashes, ran back outside and went looking for them.  Didn't take long, thank goodness!  I found them in someone else's yard sniffing around.  Fortunately, they both ran right over to me and let me put their leashes on.  I promptly walked them home. 

So that's all the (non-) excitement here at the moment!

6 showed me some love:

Kristen said...

I don't know how to unfollow... but if you want the blog off your blogroll, just go to your dashboard, and then click on edit and remove it. I tend not to unfollow people- I just remove their blog from my sidebar and stop reading.

Okay... back to homework. Just wanted to say hi!

Melissa said...

Gah, your neighbour sounds a touch rude. I don't know what you look like, but I'm sure you look lovely!

Hope you hear about the job. :)

Zuzana said...

First of all I think your neighbour is not very nice. What a strange thing to say to someone. Please do not let that effect your selfesteem, he (she) was probably not feeling that good themselves- as that was truly mean.
I hope that interview has gone well despite a somewhat exciting story that goes with it.;)
And, coincidentally, I FINALLY posted your photo tag today. Sorry it took me such a long time to get around to it. How fun you are re-posting it, I swear I posted mine before I saw your post.;)
Have a lovely day,
xo
Zuzana

PS: Have you ever heard of Pasta Carbonara? The original one is made with raw egg yolks.;))

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Congrats on your awards!!

Woofs and Kisses!

Mayzie said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my bloggie! It's always lots of fun to meet new friends.

I luvs that Skeletor was your picture. He has such an amazing story and he's such a sweet guy.

I'm sorry about your neighbor. Humans are strange sometimes.

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

I hope you had success in un-following! That is good news that the interview went well. I hope you got the job but if not then it wasn't meant to be and there is just something better out there for you that you are meant to do!

Okay, I want to smack your neighbor. It sounds like he is a miserable person right now and was taking it out on you and that's just not right. You are a beautiful person on the inside and since I've never seen what you look like, that is enough for me. When you are beautiful on the inside, you can't help but be beautiful on the outside.

I would have flipped out had my babies disappeared! OMG I would be a nervous wreck. I'm so glad you found them and that they were okay! Those little ones certainly can give us a big scare.

I hope you have a wonderful Easter honey!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.