Saturday, February 12, 2011

Half Full Friday - on a Saturday!

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?


For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  Be sure to link up here once you've posted your list!  (This isn't a blog hop so please only link up if you've participated by posting your happy list.  Thanks!)
~I'm happy because...

I went to dinner with a friend this week!

I got a fabulous gift in the mail from Katie!

We've had beautiful weather the last few days!

I got my free stuff from Bath & Body Works for the month!

I got my taxes done and am getting a refund!

I got a $300 check from the insurance company to pay for damages to my vehicle! 

I made plans with a friend for coffee!  Really looking forward to it because we don't get to talk to or see each other very often.
Source:  weheartit
So I didn't post yesterday because I didn't have a great day for a variety of reasons.  I just wasn't feeling the positive vibes I usually get from HFF so I skipped it.  Plus my computer was having issues that I just wasn't up to dealing with.  Got it fixed though and seem to be back to feeling like my normal self again!

I had a test in Government on Wednesday which I studied for.  I thought I did really well and was pleased with myself.  And then...yesterday I went to class and got my grade back.  I thought for sure I got at least an 85% or maybe higher.  Oh no, I only got a 70%!!!  Soooooo disappointed!  My parents both know I had a test and they keep asking me when I'll get it back.  I'm afraid to tell them I didn't do well because they'll both lecture me endlessly about how I need to take advantage of this opportunity, study more and don't I want to do well? and on and on and on.  Ugh!  I have a test on Monday and two on Friday - not even gonna mention those to them.  I don't want to have to explain why I didn't do well if I don't get high scores.  I don't even live with them and they still make me feel like I'm back in high school sometimes...

8 showed me some love:

Katie S said...

YAY for a tax refund!!!

Lorenza said...

You did lots of good things on friday!
Happy Saturday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Velvet Over Steel said...

Oh your parents sound so much like my mother.. I always regret telling her any details or timelines. So I wouldn't tell them either. :-) & don't be too hard on yourself.. it's will get better. I personally would probably Freeze on a test at my age. I am so proud of you girl!!!

Great happy list too!! I know what you mean though, about having to be in the HFF mood. I've struggled with that several times, just since the first of the year. I didn't get around to it until like noon yesterday, but that's ok. :-)

Hope you're having a Great weekend, Sprinkles!!
HUGS,
Coreen

Anonymous said...

Happy Saturday! Glad to hear you got some cash to fix your car. :)

And about your parents giving you a hard time - I understand, they want what's best and they want you to do well, but them bugging you about your marks likely won't help, so I would just keep it vague on the tests, you don't need the added pressure and like you said, you don't live with them, you're a grown woman! Good luck with your tests!! :) Oh and congrats on getting 70%, you passed and that should count for something. :)

Zuzana said...

Happy Friday on a Sunday.;)
I LOVE Bath and Body works, I practically lived on their lotions, cream perfumes and soaps.;) I wish i could get their products here.;)
Sorry about your test, but 70% is pretty god. We do no get graded in college, only passed or not passed. 70% is definitely passed.;)
Do not let your parents make you feel bad - you are a grown up woman and you are doing well.;) I am proud of you and admire the fact that you had the courage to go back to school, I sure could not do it.;)
xoxo

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Sounds like you have some things to be happy for. I got the free stuff from Bath & Body works this week too. I just discovered P.S I love you & Dancing waters.

Kristen said...

My first law school test was a disaster... MUCH worse than 70%!! You're just warming up my friend. Hang in there. You can do this.

And happy valentines day :)

the booker man said...

hooray for tax refunds and green papers to fix your car and free stuffs!
pretty please don't feel bad like about gettin' a 70% on your government test! look at it this way...70% = almost 3 out of 4 right. now doesn't that sound better? :)

*woof*
the booker man

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.