Friday, February 25, 2011

Half Full Friday

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  Be sure to link up here once you've posted your list!  (This isn't a blog hop so please only link up if you've participated by posting your happy list.  Thanks!)
~I'm happy because...
I enjoyed a glorious four day weekend with lots of quality time with the chi's!

This week has been nowhere near as stressful as last week!

I caught up on housework!

I finally figured out how to transfer pictures from my camera to my computer -- so easy!

I got my tax refund back already!

I bought some pretty tulips at the store a few days ago!

I snagged a box of chocolates from the place I volunteer at yesterday!

I realize that I have no room to complain but I'm seriously so over winter these days!  I'm not enjoying the freezing cold temps at all.  Yesterday I came out from volunteering and the snow was just coming down heavily.  It piled up but then just as quickly melted. 
These were taken from my front door.  If you click to enlarge them, you'll see the snowflakes. 

I'm ready for spring already!  I think that's what made me buy the tulips the other day -- they were blooming so pretty and made me think of spring.  The only good thing about this cold weather has been the fact that I can wear the pretty new scarf that Amber sent me along with the new coat I bought a few weeks ago!

I took a picture of the scarf and will be posting it on Monday along with a few other things I've been meaning to show you.  And then on Wednesday, I'll be sharing pix of my pups! 

I was pretty bummed because I lost 2 followers.  But then I gained one so I'm happy again!  :)

I managed to get around to most of you this past weekend.  Will continue to try and catch up with those that I missed this last time.  I really miss having all the free time I had before. 

12 showed me some love:

Diana Chiew said...

So nice to see pictures that were actually taken by you! It's like something "real" and the feeling is like we are closer now!

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

I'm with you, me and the Chi's have had enough of winter and desperately need Spring to hurry up and get here!

Thrilled that you are now able to upload your pictures and I'll be dying until Wednesday to see pics of your boys!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday sprinkles!

The snow is just coming down here right now, so I understand being tired of it!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Great post - looks like it was a good week for you. Mom got some tulips this week too - just to perk herself up a bit. We had snow overnight, not much, but enough to make us sibes happy. Sending you wishes for a relaxing weekend.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Draco and his Mom said...

Hi Sprinkles...we are very weary of the cold and snow here too. Glad you figured out your camera, looking forward to seeing lots of your pictures.

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Happy Happy Friday my furiend!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Doris Sturm said...

Those are great things to be happy about - I always feel so accomplished when I figure computer stuff out all by myself :-)

I'm so jazzed because my Lettuce seeds have sprouted in just 3 days I can't wait to be eating fresh salads this year! I'm going to put them in all my planters and hanging pots instead of flowers LOL because good produce is so hard to find and lettuce doesn't take a lot of space!

Happy weekend :-)

the booker man said...

miss sprinkles,

hey, my mama bought some tulips this week, too! great minds think alike. heehee. my mama's are pink, and they are sittin' on the fireplace mantle in the living room. tulips are one of her most fave flowers. :)
i've got an idea! i'm gonna take a really big breath and then blow all my springy sunshiney weather over to your house so that icky snow will GO AWAY!!

*woof*
the booker man

Lorenza said...

Happy weekend!
Lots of nice things happening to you these past days, right?
Glad you figured out the thing on the pictures transfering!
I hope you are having a great weekend!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Zuzana said...

Hello dear sprinkles, I am back from my break! I LOVE to see those images, finally we can get to see some pictures of your surroundings.;)
Here it snowed too last week, but we all now spring is on its way, so hang in there.;))
And congratulations on your tax return.)
xoxo

Katie said...

WHOOHOO on the early tax return! Don't ya LOVE it??

Velvet Over Steel said...

Hi Sprinkles, sooooo sorry I am so late visiting absolutely anyone this past week. Crazy stressful when you have stalkers. lol Long story!

As usual you have so many things to be happy about!! My list is getting harder to come up with now that my sons don't want me to talk about them on my blog. Darn... I don't have a life of my own I told them. That's the point & they said with much love intended, that I need to get one. lol

I will be back on Friday!!! :-)
Hugs,
Coreen

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.