Friday, February 4, 2011

Half Full Friday

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  Be sure to link up here once you've posted your list!

~I'm happy because...
I made chocolate chip cookies this week!

The vanilla I won from Katie's live giveaway came in the mail!

I got a 100% on my reading check for psychology!

I got a $59 jacket on clearance for only $13!

I got lots of really good tips from everyone on how to study! 
Source:  weheartit
I have a quiz tomorrow - fortunately it's open book/open notes.  I'm nervous about it though just because it's 35 questions long and there's a time limit.  Then next week I have a test in another class.  And the week after that, I have two tests.  Scary!  When I commented to a friend today about the overwhelming amount of homework I have every night, she asked if it was just because I was a new student.  Honestly, I don't think so!  Two of the four classes assign work daily, one doesn't assign it as often but I've had to write up one report a week for the past three weeks.  And the fourth one hasn't been too bad.  Yet!  I've not had a single day of school where I haven't had at least 5 hours of homework.  (Not for each individual class but between the four.)  Friday's are even worse because they assign even more work.  Psychology assigns a LOT of homework but I'm actually kind of glad if only because it makes me work that much harder and ensures I'm actually doing the reading and paying attention in class.
Source: weheartit
I volunteered this morning and afterwards, a man walked up to me saying he needed to look at my car and get pictures for evidence.  He explained he owned the car and it was his friend that hit my car last week.  I walked him over to my car and told him the damage was minimal and if his friend could have been bothered to even apologize, I probably would've looked the other way but since he didn't, I wasn't going to let it go.  He then told me he had witnesses to back up the claim that his friend didn't scratch my car.  I told him I have witnesses to say that he did!  It didn't occur to me until later but seriously - how can he have witnesses to say he didn't scratch it?!  I mean, it's not they looked my bumper over for scratches before he hit it!  And there certainly are scratches there now!  I could tell he was pissed about the whole thing, especially since he had nothing to do with it and now it's going being charged to his insurance.  I don't blame him but at the same time, it's not my fault either!  So I don't know what will come of the situation.
Tomorrow is the Big Race!  I'm so excited, I can hardly wait!!!  GO, PIP!!!!!!

12 showed me some love:

Katie said...

I totally do not understand that STUDY post it.
Looks like I need to study up.
Or did we decided not to study?
See? I'm confused.
(as per usual)
;)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congrats on the great score on your test. Hang in there, you are doing great!!!

That man should have offered to pay to fix the scratches himself, would end up costing him a whole lot less in the long run. Don't let him off the hook - people have to learn to be responsible.

Try to find some time for some fun this weekend - you have surely earned it.

Sketching with Dogs said...

Well done on your test.
We had a similar incident with our car a couple of years ago and he was refusing to pay anything. Luckily there was a witness who gave us her name and address, even so it was about 6 months before it was resolved by his insurance.
Hope you get yours sorted out a lot quicker.
Lynne

Zuzana said...

Dear sprinkles, I am glad you are enjoying school, despite all the large amounts of homework.;) I am sure you will do so very well in the end.;)
I hope you will have a great weekend,
xoxo

Zona said...

Mmmm.... cookies....

I better go read this post again, I got distracted by the thought of fresh cookies!!

. . .

Congrats on your 100%!!! I'm sorry the owner of the car is being jerky. I think you're doing the right thing though!

Wags,
Zona

Velvet Over Steel said...

I'm glad you stuck to your guns about your car. You were very understanding about his frustration, but you didn't do anything wrong! Hopefully he won't let his 'friend' drive his care again. Crazy how rude people can be isn't it?!

Great Happy list!! So glad school is going well so far! I knew it would and You will go GREAT!!!!

Have Fun & Enjoy the weekend!
HUGS,
Coreen xoxo

Lorenza said...

Congratulations!
Sure you are doing pretty good at school!
Chocolate chip cookies?? Yummy!
Happy Saturday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Unknown said...

Hi Sprinkles! Sorry for not visiting for so long!! I like the new look of your blog - and gosh, you sound like you're working SO hard at the moment!! I hope you do manage to find some time for some fun, relaxing stuff this weekend! And congratulations on that reading check! :-) Woohoo! Way to go!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Marianne Pysh said...

What a fun post! I always admire people that are able to find the silver lining in any situation.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how it works in the US, but here, you insure your car, but it also insures you, so if I drove another car and had an accident, my insurance would cover me, so the owner of the car wouldn't be affected. I guess it's different there. But if you have witnesses, nothing to worry about, because then it's not just his word against yours. The guy sounds like a total douchecanoe!

And sorry, no tips on studying, for me, it was just repetition that worked, going over it the material again and again.

Sammy the Cavalier said...

I am excited for the big race! May the fastest dog win!

Hope everyone has fun no matter what!

Doris Sturm said...

Sounds like that man is just as rude as the one who drove his car and hit you - what pricks! (pardon my English, but I despise rude people!)

I agree - how can he have witnesses - he must just fabricate them and pay them money to say they have witnessed ... so stupid. They couldn't have known there would be a report and nobody looked...what idiots! Just what you need on top of your studies, but sometimes you just have to stick up for yourself for the principle of things or else everyone will run all over you. It's good practice, if nothing else. Let us know what will happen!

I wish you a lot of success in school and study hard so you will get excellent grades :-)

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.