Monday, April 2, 2012

I'm Not Worthy!

So waaaaaaaaaaay back in February, Martine from I need a Sugar fix gave me an award!  How cool is that?

The rules call for me to list seven things about myself that you may not know.  Ummmmmm, that's really hard!  But here goes:
1.  I like to think of myself as a girly girl.  Despite this, I cannot wear high heels.  I love them and even own several pairs, but I've yet to learn to walk properly in them.

2.  I've mentioned before that I'm into recycling now.  I just got into it this semester.  It occurred to me yesterday as I was washing dishes that the reason I've become obsessed with it is that this semester has been difficult in so many ways.  I think because that it's been a crazy roller coaster that I can't control, I'm focusing on one thing in my life that I can!

3.  I want to eat healthier and for the most part, I buy mostly healthy foods.  I feel so much better when I eat foods that are good for me.  And yet, I have absolutely no self-control when I see junk food.  It calls my name and I *have* to eat it!

4.  I love rainbows!  They make me smile.  :)

5.  I want to own a bulldog some day.

6.  I love my little house!  But sometimes I wish I rented instead so someone else could take care of all the things I don't know how to and am not very good at.

7.  It's been almost a year since my dad died and I still think of him every single day.  I wish I would have appreciated him more when he was alive.

Thank you, Martine!  That was actually kind of fun and maybe not quite as hard as I thought it would be once I got started.

I'm supposed to pass this award on.  Instead of passing it along to specific blogs and then feeling bad when they don't accept them, I'm just gonna say that if you want it, then by all means, please feel free to grab it.  I'd love to learn new things about all of you.

14 showed me some love:

Finn said...

Wow, I didn't know you wanted a bulldog. I am sure your dad is with you as well - I would be thinking about mine all the time too.

Sketching with Dogs said...

Congrats on your award!
I can barely totter around on high heels either and love rainbows.
Junk food is soooo hard to resist.
Lynne x

Zona said...

Thank you for sharing these bits about yourself with us! My mom is like you... she HAS to have junk food! (Me too actually!) BOL

Wags,
Zona

Martine said...

Good answers! Glad to hear you had fun!

Lorenza said...

When my mom was younger she used to wear high heels all the time...
But nowadays she does not know how to do it!
Haaaa!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Jenny Woolf said...

Well done! You know I could just fancy that cake in the blog logo! :D

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award! I've heard that the secret to walking in high heels is to fully put your weight into each foot (and straighten your knee), once you put it down, before you move onto the other foot. The reason people look funny is coz they're not shifting their full weight from leg to leg. And if you let your weight settle on each hip, that gives you a sexy swagger - like the 'model walk'! :-)

Hsin-Yi

Kristen said...

You are such a wonderfully interesting and beautiful person :)
I love rainbows too- and if we lived closer, I would totally lend you my husband to help around your house. He is super handy (very fortunate for me because I am not) and loves to fix stuff.
A bulldog?!? Wow! How cute would a bully be with your two teeny tiny little pups? So awesome!!
I haven't lost a parent, but I was super close to my grandma, who has been an angel now for 4 years. And I think about her every single day in some way. Especially now that my daughter is here. I wish so badly Quinn could have known my grandma- and I wish my grandma could have known her. But I cherish all of the memories I have of her- and I am sure you do the same with your sweet Daddy :)
Hope your semester ends well- hang in there and keep up the good work!!! You are a rockstar- don't ever forget that!!!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Congrats on your award. Wow, it's hard to believe that it's been a year since your Dad died.

jen said...

Congratulations on your award!

rainbows make me smile too!

Velvet Over Steel said...

I can't wear high heals either.. I'm just not coordinated enough. lol

On a serious note, I miss my dad too and wish the very same thing as you. I believe they know that now and that they are smiling down on us. :-)

Have a Very Happy Easter!
Big Hug,
Coreen
PS I did a HFF post.. shocking I know. I so need to get back into a blogging routine. :-/

booahboo said...

I love rainbows too! They always make me smile. When you see a rainbow, you know that your daddy is with you all the way.

pees... i can't wear high heels too.. i don't even have one pair :p

Ruby said...

Congratulations on the award!!!!

P said...

I find walking in heels damn near impossible too, despite being quite a girly girl. it's a curse!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.