Monday, July 7, 2014

Merry Monday

I was just thinking yesterday that about half my summer is gone already and I've nothing to show for it.  I haven't really accomplished anything.  I've gone out and done some fun stuff like watching the fireworks display last Friday, going on the annual garden tour, having dinner with friends, etc.  But I've done none of the deep cleaning that I've been wanting to do, or found a different job for next semester, or really much of anything...  I still have half the summer left though, so there's still time!

Tomorrow will be a busy day, so I'll feel accomplished if I can manage to get everything done.  First, I'm going to call the vet to set up an appointment for Chico.  He's been having allergies this summer, sneezing and reverse sneezing a lot this past weekend.  I don't want him to suffer unnecessarily, so hopefully the vet will prescribe something to make him feel better.  I also need to pay bills, go grocery shopping, wash bed sheets, and finish applying for a job that I want.  I know you must all be so jelly of my exciting day!

I like today's date:  July 7, 2014 = 07 07 14 = 07 + 07 = 14
*******
Took this from here.

1.  If you were a professor, what subject would you teach?

I remember answering this question before and my answer would be the same.    

87 years ago, I attended beauty school to learn to do hair and makeup.  I found that I didn't care for doing hair nearly as much as I enjoyed doing makeup.  Unfortunately, my school didn't spend very much time at all on how to apply it properly.  Once I started working at a salon, we would occasionally attend hair shows to keep up on all the latest styles.  We learned at one of those that there would be an upcoming class that taught how to do makeup professionally.  It was a three day class and I *LOVED* every second of it!  I learned so much and still use those same skills we were taught when I do my own makeup today.

After that class, I look much more closely at other women's makeup.  I try not to judge, because many of them probably never had anyone to teach them how to apply it properly.  Sometimes I wish that I could walk up and ask them if I could show them how to do it right, but that would probably be construed as me being rude.  

So that's what I would teach!  I'd would hold a class on how to apply makeup correctly.

2.  Describe a dream that you had recently.  Provide as many details as possible.

I don't remember most of my dreams, but the ones I do tend to be very weird!  The most recent one is that I ran into a college friend somewhere and she didn't really seem to remember me.  I don't really remember where we were, other than we were out in public.  I saw her approaching my way and enthusiastically said hello.  She gave me an odd look like she was trying to place me, but couldn't quite remember when or where we'd met.  She said hello back, but kept on walking.  I tried to have a conversation with her, but she didn't stop and she didn't say anything else.  

In real life, this particular college friend has graduated and moved back home in a different state.  We don't keep in touch, but we are facebook friends, so I keep up with her life that way.

3.  What is the dumbest thing you have ever done?

Recently I applied for an internship, and got an email from them asking if I would be able to come in for an interview.  This interview was in a different town from the one I live in, and I was only vaguely familiar with how to get there.  I looked up the address, then Googled directions.  I got to the general area fairly easily, and parked.  Then I walked up and down, up and down, up and down the street repeatedly looking for the correct address.  I asked people walking by if they could help me, and also went into several businesses on the same street asking if they knew where to find this place.  Everyone kept telling me I was in the right area, I just had to keep looking and eventually I'd find it.  Funnily, I even went into the building where my interview was to be conducted, asking if they knew where I was supposed to go, only I didn't realize that I really was in the right place.  The building is full of various businesses, and I remember looking at the signs in the lobby, but didn't see this particular company listed.  I couldn't call and ask for directions because I don't have a cell phone.  After almost an hour of searching, I gave up and went home.  I looked up the address again and discovered to my horror that I'd written the address down wrong and that it didn't actually exist!!!  I don't know how Google didn't catch this, but it did not!  No wonder I couldn't find it!  I was on the right street, but I had the building number wrong!

I immediately emailed the lady who set up the interview, apologized for the no show, and explained what happened.  I asked if there was any way possible that the interview could be rescheduled.  Initially, no one contacted me back and that was part of why I was so depressed several weeks ago.  I knew the mistake was mine, and not theirs.  They were under no obligation to reschedule it.  Fortunately, they did actually contact me about three weeks later and asked me to come back in.  That's the internship I mentioned recently, and I won't actually know if I got it or not until mid-August.  

Moral of the story:  check, double check, triple check addresses before Googling and writing down directions!!!!!

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one. 
Well, it's obviously a close up of a strawberry.  This is my mom's favorite fruit.  I enjoy them too, but don't like that the seeds always seem to end up caught in my teeth.  

4 showed me some love:

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, I hope Chico's dogtor fixes him right up so he feels better! Sometimes it's nice in the Summer to do a little of nothing and just enjoy the days. I do that alot! BOL Have fun on your errands tomorrow and bestest of luck with that job.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Pol Comm

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Your summer isn't half OVER... you have HALF of the summer to COME....

OMD I REMEMBER that Interview story.... Yes I do...

Sagira said...

You are having fun and living life...that my friend is an accomplishment. :)

Unknown said...

Lol. Thanks for sharing.
You have yourself a very happy rest of week.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.