Monday, February 9, 2015

Chewy.com Review

I owe a HUGE apology to Chewy.com for not doing this earlier.  We ordered this way back in December, but didn't get it until almost a month later.  School started, and I got waaaaaaaaaay busy!  Then when I finally had a moment to type up a post, my iPod no longer wanted to synch with my laptop so I couldn't post pix.  I figured out a way around that, so I'm FINALLY getting around to posting this. 
After looking over all the delicious choices, the chi's finally settled on Blue Buffalo Family Favorite Recipes Turducken Canned Dog Food.  We were sent several 12.5 oz. cans to try.
It kind of reminds me of a thick stew with chunks of meat, potatoes, and carrots.  While it might not look like it here, it's actually quite moist!  The boys usually get dry food, so any time they get something like this, it's a real treat.  Here they are scarfing it down.
Shiver
Chico
You can tell how much they enjoyed it because Shiver is going back to lick the last little bit of taste he thinks might be left behind. 
 
This particular flavor offers several key benefits: 
  • Made with real chicken, turkey, and duck
  • Free from harmful by-products
  • Balanced, nutritional content makes a great everyday food
  • Made without wheat, a common allergy trigger for dogs
 
In addition to being made without wheat, it is also corn, soy, and grain-free.  My mom's beagle has wheat allergies, so it's nice to know that I could feed him this and be worry-free.  Best of all - it's made right here in the good ol' U.S. of A.


A case of 12 cans is $32.28, which is a 13% ($4.80) savings.  If you set up autoshipping, you can save even more - $30.67, which is an additional 5% savings.
 
Thank you to Chewy.com.  My boys have never been disappointed in any of their products, and this was no exception.  They both gave it four paws up each, for a total of 8 paws.
 
We were not compensated financially for this post, but were provided free samples of dog food in return for our honest opinions.

3 showed me some love:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Looks like people food!
Lily & Edward

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Chico and Shiver... you two are SOOOOOO right ... CHEWY.COM never disappoints us... EVER. OMD that foodable looks GOOOOOOD.

Sketching with Dogs said...

That really looks like good, natural meat. Chico and Shiver are enjoying it and I know how fussy chihuahuas can be!
Lynne x

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.