Monday, February 23, 2015

Merry Monday

This past week was extremely busy and stressful.  I'd hoped for a break over the weekend, but had a particularly heavy homework load.  I had to write two essays (finished one, now I need to finish the other one by Thursday), complete an online quiz,  work on two class projects and do a tooooooooooooon of reading.  This week is filled with various meetings and I need to finish up that other essay, so it'll be just as busy as last week.  There just never seems to be enough time in the day to finish everything.

I feel like this semester is sucking my soul dry.  I took on more than I can handle and am desperate for it to all be over with.  Sadly, I won't get much of a spring break,  because I'll be busy with my internship.  I can't just tell them I'm not available, because it'll be ending shortly after that so I need the hours for my credits.  Just a few more months, and all of this will be worth it when I can walk across that stage and pick up my diploma.
*****
Took this from here.
 
1.  What is or was your relationship with your parents like?
 
I really disliked my parents as a kid.  It seemed like I was always getting yelled at for something or another, and felt like my parents were always annoyed at anything I did.  I didn't really have a very good relationship with them until I became an adult.  Once I graduated from high school, I moved out for awhile and then moved back home.  I know my dad was not happy about that, and he often expressed that.
 
My dad had a heart attack, and that changed things a bit.  Eventually I moved out, and things got better with both parents.  I actually do feel like my parents love me now.
 
2.  Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
 
I'm very negative by nature, so I have to really force myself to see things half-full.  I've gotten better as I've gotten older, but I still feel myself falling back on bad habits when things are bad.
 
3.  Can anything be funny, or are some things off limits?
 
I feel like MOST things can be funny, but not everything. 
 
4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one. 
Overall, it's been a pretty mild winter here.  We only really had one bad snow day, and it was a doozy!  We've been experiencing spring-like temperatures here lately.  And then this morning we woke up to a smattering of snow.  It melted pretty quickly, but it's still really chilly.  I'm looking at the glass half-full (see what I did there?), and am just extremely grateful that it hasn't been worse. 


6 showed me some love:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

School seems to be rough on most people, hope you end up getting a great job! It is hard to see the glass half full but at least you are trying! Pretty snow pic....it seems to go from warm to bone chilling cold here

Unknown said...

Parents were great and our relationship was a good one. Glass half full for us and most things can be funny but not everything. That makes us think of Spring. Good luck and you'll be on that stage soon. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Two French Bulldogs said...

You will be very happy when it's over
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Sketching with Dogs said...

That saying at the top describes me perfectly, LOL. Sorry to hear you have been so stressed about your schedule at university, it must be awful for you. Hope the time passes quickly.
Lynne x

Ziggy Stardust said...

Mommy is very much the glass is half full most of the time. I am glad when there is something in the glass that I can eat or drink so I guess I want it half or more full also.


Loveys Sasha

Jenny Woolf said...

Yes, think of the end result! it will be great to get the diploma.
I love to look at the picture of the blossom and think of Spring coming!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.