Friday, July 5, 2013

Half Full Friday!

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty.  I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  And then come back here and tell me what made you happy!
 
~I'm happy because...

Due to a miscommunication, I had the week off work!  I initially wasn't happy about it, but I did enjoy finally having several days in a row of free time.

Fortunately, I'll have the option of making up some of those lost hours!

I had a 6 hour conversation on facebook and on the phone on Monday with a good friend!  

I had an excellent meal at my mom's house on Thursday!

The unexpected windstorm blew over just in time for the fireworks show!

The weather has cooled slightly!  We were in triple digits for a bit there, now we're in the high 90s.  

Next week we'll be accepting applications for Christmas in July, fka Doggone Dog Swap!  There are several changes this year, so be sure to get the details on Tuesday.
*****
Speaking of Christmas in July, you won't want to miss out!  Anyone can participate this year - dogs, cats and exotics.  It's going to be a lot of fun and I'm very excited about it!

5 showed me some love:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Unexpected days of FREEDOM ! THAT is the way to celebrate INDEPENDENCE DAY weekend.

Sketching with Dogs said...

Lets hear it for miscommunication eh?
You have had a good week, that was lucky for the fireworks.
Lynne x

Unknown said...

We popped over for the Christmas in July as Sarge told is about it. See you next post. Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

♥ Sallie said...

Happy Friday!

Hugs,

Kathy G said...

These sound like excellent reasons to be happy :-)

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.