Monday, July 1, 2013

What Would Yours Say, Part II

I recently wrote a post about what I thought Shiver would say in an email to me, so I wanted to follow up and do Chico too.  I meant to post this last Friday, but spent the majority of the day watching bad TV instead, so didn't get around to it. 

Anyway, this is what I think Chico would say to me:

Hi, Mama!

Thank you so much for taking me away from two bad situations and putting me into a much better one!  As you know, I initially spent my first year of life stuck in a cage, only being let out to do my business and to make babies.  When the state intervened, I was then sent to live with a family who mostly kept me in the garage or out in the yard.  Those people decided to get rid of me when they had another baby, and that's when you came into my life.  I'm much happier now, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

Sorry I haven't been much of a cuddle bug lately.  Normally I can cuddle with the best of them, but it's just been too hot these last several days. Temperatures have been in the 100s here, so I'm sure you understand.  I'll be back to cuddling when the weather cools down.  I know how much you love when I curl up on your chest, put my head on your shoulder and snore very loudly as I have many sweet dreams.

Thank you for making Shiver share with me.  He seems to think all the toys, food, treats, cuddles, kisses, lovin's, and everything else all belong to him.  As you know, he and I have had many loud discussions regarding this, but he just won't listen to me!  He can be very unreasonable sometimes.  But what can ya do?  Shiver just expects everything to be handed to him and isn't nearly as appreciative as I am.  

I know you don't like it when I pee on stuff in the house.  I do it to mark my territory though.  You have to admit that I've gotten much better over the years!  I know you often wonder how such a tiny dog can possibly have so much pee in him, but the truth is, I just wee a little on each thing so it just seems like a lot.  

I wish we went on more walks.  I know part of it is that you have a bad hip.  But walking is good exercise and it might even help!  I know you say that walking long distances aggravates it, but we don't have to go far!  I know another reason is because Shiver doesn't really care for walks.  He also HATES to be left alone, which means we only go occasionally.  Personally, I think he's jealous of all the attention I get for being an itty bitty doggy.  You should really figure out something else for him to do, so that we can enjoy the fresh air and all those delightful smells everywhere.  It doesn't get much better than that!

Love always,

Chico
*****
Be on the lookout for details on my annual Doggone Dog Walk next Tuesday.  There have been several changes this year: a cohost, a new name, and pretty much anyone will be able to pawticipate; it won't be limited to just dogs this time around.  You won't want to miss out on the fun!

3 showed me some love:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Chico is so gorgeous and I am so happy to hear you rescued him from 2 horrible places where they did not love him.
One solution for the walks might be to put Shiver in a dog sling while you take Chico for a short walk, then he could be with you as well.
Lynne x

Finn said...

Can't wait for next Tuesday! Aw, this is a sweet letter. I wonder what Finn and Charley would say to me.

Piappies World said...

So sweet that Chico is with you safe and happy. We do hope the Doggone Dog Walk goes well. We look forward to your post.

Love,
Piappies Mom
Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Max, Wai-Pai and Forgie

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.