Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wordy Wednesday

Today is the second anniversary of my father's death.  The first year, I just mainly felt relief; not just for me, but for him.  He was a shell of his former self and it was hard to watch him go downhill so quickly, knowing there really was nothing we could do to help him.  

The second year, the sadness set in.  It wasn't a daily thing, but every now and again, things popped up that reminded me of him.  Someone told me everyone says the pain goes away the longer a loved one is gone, but that's not always true.  Sometimes it gets worse.  I agree!  

To honor him today, I'm going to light a candle for him.  I'm also going to put a message inside of a balloon for him, blow up that balloon, and then release it so that the message can reach him in Heaven.
*****
Run free, Thunder.  Run Free.
April 28, 2006 - July 1, 2013
*****
On the second floor of the SUB (Student Union Building), there's always a lot of art.  Some of it never changes, but one section is updated regularly.  I found these watercolor paintings for sale there.  They were all well out of my price range (most were several hundred dollars!), so I took pictures with my iPod.  Even if I can't buy them, I can still have them!  There were probably 50 or more paintings, these are just a few of my favorites.   

8 showed me some love:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I can't believe it has been two years already.
Love the Art.

Sketching with Dogs said...

That is a really lovely thing to do for your Dad. I agree, my dad died when I was 22 but I still miss him, his crazy sense of humour that was just like mine and the way he was a lover of books and enjoyed walking miles with the dogs.
The watercolours are beautiful, I particularly like the elephants and the Koi carp.
Lynne x

jen said...

I'm sorry your going through these emotions. I can't even begin to imagine. I love the message in the balloon and I'm sure it will find your Dad.

Finn said...

I remember when your father passed away. I hope it does get a little easier for you.

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One. I'm sending you some warm thoughts today. Thanks for sharing those pretty pix. Love the Koi.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Furiend

Murphy said...

I don't think time makes the pain go away. I think time just makes us more able to deal with the pain. Loss hurts forever. I think the balloon thing was wonderful. I hope it helped.

Murphy's Mom

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Hard to believe it has already been two years. Emotions don't go by a calendar - sometimes it just takes times. Focus on the good things you remember about your Dad.

Thanks for remembering Thunder - no problem on the photo - we never mind when it is friends.

Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I see my Dad suffering so much...I understand the relief part that you felt. I think our loved ones will always be a part of us...and come to mind

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.