Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday Meme

Ugh!  I was so excited to finally be able to post and visit regularly, then I ended up destroying my laptop!  Thank God I still have my pc, but it's 10 years old and takes centuries to load a page.  It's better than nothing though.  I can't be without a decent computer for school, so I'll have to buy a new laptop at the end of next week when my financial aid comes through.  I stopped at Walmart yesterday evening to price check the models they have in stock.  While there, another customer walked over and started discussing the best laptops for the money.  I asked if he was a computer salesman, and he said no.  He did say that he usually ends up buying his from Staples, although he didn't really know why he bought them there as opposed to some other store.  I had no idea Staples sold computers!  

Anyway...  If the pc cooperates, I'll try to be around later today and visit everyone.  I've really missed everybody.
*****
Took this from here.  I combined two memes because I didn't like all the questions in them.  

1.  What do wrinkles mean to you?

It means you're old.  Either that, or you've been out in the sun a little too much.

2.  If you had unlimited money and space, what one thing would you add to your bedroom?

Without a doubt, a large walk-in closet!  I've always wanted one, and envy those who have them.  

3.  What common (first) name do you find least appealing?

I never really liked the name Jessica.

I also *REALLY* abhor my first name, which is not common!

4.  One day you're out in your yard, when the next door neighbor's garden gnome suddenly walks over and starts telling you about "what's really going on!"  What do you do?

One of my neighbors has been really not so nice in the past.  She's very critical of my yard, and I try to avoid her as much as possible.  She once hired someone, without my knowledge, to come cut some trees down in my backyard.  Thankfully, the guy knocked on the door first, and I was able to put a stop to it.  The neighbor and I never spoke of the incident, but I haven't forgotten it!  

While she's often been nasty, she's also had her nice moments.  For Christmas, she brought me cookies and a spiral ham.  I spoke with her last week, and she was in a really good mood because she just found out she's going to be a grandmother.  Hopefully this good mood will last a long time.

So if this gnome had some good gossip, I'd probably listen to it and smirk, because I'm not a good person.  I doubt I'd spread it around the neighborhood (which would be difficult since I don't actually know most of them!), but I'd probably mention it in passing to people who don't know who she is and wouldn't really care. 

5.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.

It was labeled as St. Petersburg, which is a city in Russia.  A very quick Google Images search didn't reveal what this building is exactly, but it's very pretty.  In fact, Russia has a lot of pretty sights.  I would love to travel there someday and visit.  Would you?     

4 showed me some love:

Unknown said...

Old, new Kitchen, Nick, and we'd be all ears LOL. Last one reminds of a Stately Home. Hope you get a new laptop soon. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Sorry your PUTER died... We like STAPLES..... and they have a FREE computer Check up.... maybe you could take the Dead one THERE and see if they can REVIVE it....... Heck the service is FREE.... We use it!

Sagira said...

We purchased our laptop from Walmart. It was a Toshiba and the customer service from Toshiba when something went wrong was AWFUL. Just our opinion. Hope you are able to find a great new laptop! :)

Ruby said...

Oh noes!!! That is terribles! Well, Ma knows what a pain in the ass it is to try and figure out what puter is best. Everyone has their own opinion, so it's hard to know who is givin' you good advice! Of course, Ma has none...she is STILL tryin' to figure out the ins and outs of Windows 8, butts is startin' to get the hang of it.
I hope you find a good one soon, and if your a Windows gal, go with Windows 8 Pro...not too bad, both desktop and tiles so you can choose your poison.
That is awful what your neighbor did! I do hope she knows that was illegal!! though, it sounds like she probably didn't care, so good thing you were home before the landscaper started cutting! Let's hope the grandpeep keeps this woman happy or you could loose your bushes! BOL
Hope your stayin' warm and toasty!!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.