Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Meme

So today is the start of the second week of school.  As always, it looks to be a very busy semester!  I have a lot going on already.  I know not very many people read my blog anymore, but I wanted to let the few who do know that I am going to attempt to come around and visit at least once a week!

I was offered an internship last week, but had to turn it down.  I do think it would have been an excellent opportunity, but it would have stretched my time considerably thinner than it already is.  For one thing, my school is about 45 miles each way - the internship would have been an addition 15 or so more.  Plus they wanted me to do a four day training class - I have class and work, I can't just take 4 days off!  School has to be my priority.  The opportunity to work for them would not have come about if not for school!  They also would have liked me to travel with them when they would go to lobby Congress.  Again, I have school and work!  Disappointing, but it's for the best.  

Took this from here.

1.  What was the name of your first grade teacher?

I had two first grade teachers, and I don't remember the names of either one of them.


2.  What was the worst smell you have ever smelled?

I don't know if it was the absolute worst, but it was pretty bad!  Last semester, I got stuck on a very crowded elevator next to a student who obviously had not showered in several days.  In an attempt to cover it up, he poured on about a gallon of cologne.  This only made things worse!  I was horrified when he got off on the same floor and I had to follow behind him when he walked into my work.  The smell stuck with me the entire shift.


3.  What is something you would attempt if you were guaranteed not to fail, and explain why you haven't tried it yet.

I really would have liked to stick with my original major, but chickened out once I saw how extensive the math was that was required.  Math is my absolute worst subject, and makes me want to bang my head against the wall in anger and frustration.  I just do.not.get.it!!!


4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.
We've had a lot of frost and fog for the past two months.  Every day I wake up and everything outside is covered in white frost.  It's very pretty, but I'm ready for spring colors now!

3 showed me some love:

Unknown said...

Well with 1 we can't remember, 2 is unfortunate but a dead body 3 we have no idea we'd have to think about that and the last well the pic makes us think of lovely Autumn days. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Sketching with Dogs said...

I had to laugh at your story about the smell :)
I am so with you on the math, it is just the worst thing ever!
Lynne x

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Things happened for a reason. The frost on the leaves is beautiful. Golden Woofs

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.