Friday, August 22, 2014

Oz's Bad Poetry Contest

We're pawticipating in Oz The Terrier's 2nd Annual Bad Poetry Day Contest today.  
There was once a big chihuahua named Shiver
Whenever he got excited or nervous, he would quiver
When it comes to his toys, he is NOT a giver

There was once an itty bitty chihuahua named Chico
Who was suave and rico
His personality is super neato

They both lived together with sprinkles
Who thought she had lots of wrinkles
And who liked to go out at night to watch the stars twinkle

Ugh, what an awful poem!  But it's supposed to be, so I don't have to feel bad that I didn't come up with something a little better.  
*******
So...  I got offered two internships!!!  So exciting!  I wish I could have taken them both, but my school schedule really wouldn't permit it.  I think they would both be excellent experience, but I chose the one that I think will most likely help give me the background I'll need once I finally graduate from college.  Very exciting, yet oh so scary!

The first day of school is next Monday, August 25th.  Where did the summer go?  I'm so ready to go back to school in some ways, and not at all in others.  I'll miss the chi's soooooo much, and I know they'll miss me just as much!  Luckily, I'll only have one really long day every other week this semester.  Most days I'll get home by 6 PM or before.  That has not always been the case in past semesters.  

It's going to be one crazy busy semester with classes, work, an internship, and homework.  I don't know how often I'll be able to post or come visit everyone, but I'll be around as often as I can.  I've got a few posts pre-scheduled, so I'll be around a little bit at least.

I can't believe that school hasn't even officially started yet, and I have homework in 3 of my classes already.  And of course it's all due before Monday!  It's been a crazy week and today will be a crazy busy day.  At least I'll still have the weekend to enjoy my last bit of freedom!

7 showed me some love:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Well, we think that "bad" poems are so much more fun that good poetry that we never can understand:)

Good luck at school - homework before it starts is ridiculous!!!

Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

Unknown said...

Bravo to bad poetry and nice one as we all love Oz. Congratulations on having a choice of interns. Well done. No worries we know busy times are ahead so we see you when we see you. Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

Sketching with Dogs said...

Ohhh, many congrats on your internship, I'm so pleased for you!
Your poem made me smile :)
Lynne x

Unknown said...

Woooo! Great BAD poem! Thanks for joining in the FUN! Have a great weekend.
Oz

Ruby said...

Oh, I LOVES IT!!!! It is just the right amount of 'bad'!!!
Wows, Homework already??!! Geesh, that's just not right! ☺
I sure am glads you got offered BOTH internships!! And, I sure am glad you have the opportunity to choose!
We will miss you when you're gone, pop by when you can!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Two French Bulldogs said...

What a good bad poem. There is a lot of talent in Blogville
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hope all is OK --haven't visited lately!!!!! Miss you!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.