Friday, June 26, 2015

FFHT - Fractured Fryday Hairy Tails


It's been awhile since I participated in this, so I figure it's high time to do another one!  This is a true story, and happened long  before Shiver and Chico came along.  I was still living with my parents and they had gone out of town for a few days.  This is the story from their beagle's point of view.  
*****
Hello, I'm Angel the Beagle.  I really am an Angel now.  I died about 6 weeks before Sprinkles' dad died - four long years ago.  I was his dog, and my name fit me to a T because I had such an angelic personality.  Everyone loved me!  

My mom and dad had gone out of town for a few days, so Sprinkles took care of me.  I slept with Sprinkles in her bed, along with her Fox Terrier.  The first night, everything was fine.  The three of us crawled into the bed and slept the night away.  

The following night, I decided the three of us in a twin bed was much too crowded.  I couldn't sleep, and tried to figure out what to do.  Then it hit me -- I needed to get Sprinkles out of the bed so I could have it all on my own!  But how would I do that?  I thought about it for a few minutes, and came up with an idea.  

I knew that I needed a good excuse for waking Sprinkles up in the middle of the night.  Otherwise she'd be really angry at me, and I couldn't have that!  So I got up and scratched on the bedroom door, pretending I wanted out.  Sprinkles crawled out of bed and turned the light on.  When she asked me if I needed to go out and was just about to open the door, I jumped back in bed!  She laughed for half a second, then turned out the light and crawled back into bed.  She knew I just wanted the bed to myself.

It was still too crowded, so I waited about a half hour and did it again.  Sprinkles fell for it all over again, only this time she didn't think it was so funny.  This went on throughout the night, and we were all really tired in the morning since none of us got any sleep.  I tried it once or twice the next night, but Sprinkles had caught on by then, and she didn't get out of bed.  

Finally my dad came back from his trip and I got to sleep in a king size bed again.  

6 showed me some love:

Scooter said...

Hey Angel!
Wow, what a cute FFHT story! I'm sure your peeps all loved you bunches and are glad you are watching over them. Great idea for getting some extra sleeping space. BOL
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Police Commish

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

BaaaaaaWaaaah that was a GOOD DOG JOKE.... We love it!!!!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Angel you were so clever, I bet Sprinkles smiles every time she thinks of that night now.
My cat was the same, he used to meow to go out and then run and jump into your seat. Never failed to make me laugh.
Lynne x

The Daily Pip said...

Very nice trick! Too bad she caught on!

WFT Nobby said...

What a great strategy. Who knew a beagle could be so smart!
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Finn said...

Oh I love this meme! Nice!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.