Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday Meanderings


This was an interesting past week.  I had two interviews on Tuesday, one with the Chief of Staff for the mayor and the other at the local courthouse.  The Chief of Staff interview was more of an informational interview since I wasn't actually applying for a specific position.  Even so, I got some good advice.  The courthouse interview went well, and I remembered to use certain skills that I learned from the leadership conference a couple of weeks ago.  However, I knew I blew it when a specific question was asked and I couldn't remember the answer and made one up.  It was not a good answer and I immediately kicked myself, but I still couldn't remember the answer so I left it at that.  Disappointingly, I didn't get the job.  It's a learning experience though, so it's all good.  

I was invited to attend a luncheon on Wednesday, so I went thinking maybe I could network a bit.  Plus it was free food and hey, who doesn't like that?  I didn't get to network quite as much as I might have hoped, but I had a good time and that's all that really matters.  The luncheon was more of an awards presentation for various non-profit agencies from all around the state.  The agencies each made a short video about what they do, so it was interesting to see what is available here that I wasn't aware of before.  

Thursday, I went to a job place that helps people get jobs.  I don't really like the program, so I'm not sure if I'll continue on with them or not.  I keep telling myself I should try it for a few weeks first, but I think I've talked myself out of it.  I do think it's a good program - it's just not for me.  

I went to the post office yesterday and got a wonderful package from Kristen which contained several Lush soaps.  I could smell them through the cardboard box, and couldn't wait to open it up to smell everything individually.  I also got an amazing card from one of the state representatives I worked with at the leadership conference.  Lynne sent me an exciting package of goodies recently too, but I've been too lazy to do anything with any of it yet.   

This week I'll be volunteering on Saturday.  I also plan to go to visit a friend I made from the leadership conference sometime during the week.  I invited myself over (because I'm classy like that!) so I could meet her beautiful dogs.  What are your plans for the week ahead?

6 showed me some love:

The Daily Pip said...

Looking for a job is one of the hardest thing in the world cause it seems like there is always that one question that throws you.

I once had a really bad interview where the lady basically spent the whole hour berating me and finally said you are not qualified what are you even doing here ...and I wanted to say because you invited me here idiot so this is more your fault than mine.

Hang in there! It sucks, but you will get throught it

Two French Bulldogs said...

I'm tired just thinking about all your stuff, BOL at least you got goodies. Hope your interview went well
Lily & Edward

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Our MOM used to tell her students to CELEBRATE a mistake.... beclaws you Never Learn anything from having the Right answer... You LEARN from Mistakes and that is a GOOOOOOOD thingy..

Sketching with Dogs said...

You have had a busy week, I'm not surprised you haven't had time to make a picture yet.
Sorry to hear you didn't get the job. It is so easy for your mind to go blank in an interview, that has happened to me.
Enjoy your weekend :)
Lynne x

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So sorry you didnt get the job but yes it is a learning experience:( You might give the place that helps with jobs a 2nd thought, my hubs got his job through a place like that. Networking is the key nowadays....

Ziggy Stardust said...

I am slowly getting around the blogs. Ziggy is a puppy and keeps me pretty busy. I would like to do the Christmas in July with Ziggy. I think my partner is Cookie, but where do I find out for sure?? Please let me know when you have a minute and thank you.

Anne and Ziggy

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.