Monday, June 29, 2015

RIP, Corbin


As I'm sure most of you have heard by now, sweet Corbin has passed on.  A sudden illness came over him, and his family helped him pass over the rainbow bridge on Saturday.

I had a kitty who had a myriad of health problems from the moment I got him, and I paid through the nose to keep him healthy and comfortable over the years.  I think that's what drew me to Corbin, who also had a variety of health issues.  I prayed for him over the years just as I have for all of my own pets.  I was sad when he got sick, and I got excited when he would overcome some hurdle and I'd think everything would be OK again.  I never met him, but I still have a great deal of love and affection for him.  My heart broke for Corbin, and for his family, when I read the post first on Facebook and then on blogger that the time had come for him to cross the rainbow bridge.    I will miss him.
Both pictures of Corbin used with permission of owner.

Corbin was special in other ways too.  His blog extolled the virtues of pit bulls, and did their part to ensure that people were educated about the breed.  He was also a foster brother to many other doggies, and helped to show Diamond and many others that there is love and goodness in the world.  Best of all, he was one handsome dude!!!  Who could resist that sweet face?
Pets come and go, but it never gets any easier when it's their time.  I've learned this from experience.  Corbin was well loved and will be greatly missed.  Run free, sweet boy!

6 showed me some love:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Corbin was such a wonderful boy - and he fought the fight so well with all his health issues. We too were sad to see the news. We are sure he received a huge welcome at the Bridge. Soft woos and gentle hugs to his family.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh my gosh we are extremely sad
Lily & Edward

Piappies World said...

This is a very sweet tribute for Corbin. We also enjoyed the posts and learned a lot from Corbin's blog. We send out our prayers and hugs to his family.

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Max, Wai-Pai & Forgie

The Daily Pip said...

Corbin was a special friend and we will miss him dearly. I hope he and Pip are sharing a cheeseburger together across the bridge.

Sketching with Dogs said...

It's always sad to read a post about a fellow blogger's dog who has gone to the bridge. Although I didn't know Corbin well, he always struck me as a gentle and happy boy. It's wonderful how his family showed, through Corbin's sweet nature that Pitbulls can make excellent pets.
Rest in Peace Corbin.
Lynne x

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Corbie was one of a kind fur sure...

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.