Friday, November 5, 2010

Half Full Friday

Eyegirl has opted to take her blog private due to a personal situation so you can't link to Half Full Friday anymore but that doesn't mean you can't still play along! 
~I'm happy because...
We've had beautiful weather all week!

I went to a salon open house with some friends and got all kinds of free samples last night!

I got my Chico messenger bag in the mail from Katie's live giveaway!

I finally got around to going grocery shopping!

I got a Halloween gingerbread house kit for free!  Yes, a Halloween gingerbread house kit!

My friend rented Sex and the City 2 and invited me to watch it with her! 
*****
Yesterday I was supposed to have an interview.  Everyone seemed to feel kind of sketchy about it because the job site was supposedly in my hometown but I'd have to drive about 75 miles to another town to do the interview because that was their homebase.  I was fine with it because I need a job.  Until I started asking around and no one seemed to know where this business was in town!  But I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt because someone who works at the place I volunteer at knew all about this particular company and what they do.  She didn't know where they were located either though.  I told myself that maybe they just didn't have the jobsite set up here yet and were in the process of doing that now.

Yesterday morning I volunteered as usual, then came home and took a shower.  When I was blow-drying my hair, my phone rang only I didn't hear it.  Luckily, I happened to walk into the kitchen for a drink and noticed that my caller ID was flashing.  The company I was to interview with had called but didn't leave a message so I called them back.  I thought maybe they were just going to confirm my interview with them or something.  Seems they'd already hired someone for the job.  Why do employers hire someone before they've interviewed all the candidates?!  I will never understand that because maybe that next person was they'll interview will be a better fit or have even more experience.

Anyway, at the end of the conversation, she said that because I lived in another town, it wasn't like she could just call me up and have me come in right away.  That made me think the job wasn't in town after all but I didn't question her about it.  Instead, I questioned myself wondering how I could've missed that the job was actually in the other town.  After we hung up, I checked the job posting again and it clearly stated that the job was here!

Yet another sign to tell me that school is where I'm meant to be...
*****

To submit your information for 2010 Holiday Exchange Cards Visit Frankie, Fiesty Three and Sprinkle's Blog. JOIN to PAWticipate on this Blog Pet Pals Holiday Event.

Just another reminder that if you have a dog blog and want to join the Christmas card exchange, please get your information sent in quickly as the deadline is fast approaching!  We'll need your blog URL, email address, snail mail address and all the names you want included.  The subject line of your email should be "Christmas card exchange."


If you live west of the Mississippi, email Frankie @ frankiefurter(at)wildblue(dot) net.  If you live east of the Mississippi, email Fiesty Three @ fiestythree(at)gmail(dot)com.  If you live OUTSIDE of the US and want to join, email me @ deedeers30(at)hotmail(dot)com.  We'll be collecting addresses until November 12th.


If you decide to join in, you don't have to send everyone on the list a card.  You can only send one to those you know if you want to.  For those who are environmentally conscious, you don't have to send out an actual card -- an e-card will do!  However, you'll still need to send all of your information in order to be included.

Once we've collected the addresses, an email will be sent out to everyone on Nov. 19th.  This will allow everyone ample time to prepare for Christmas delivery.  Keep in mind too, if you're sending anything outside of the US, it'll take longer to be delivered.

We've received the official word that DWB will not be hosting the Christmas card exchange this year so please send out a HUGE thank you to Cheryl at Fiesty Three for continuing the tradition!
*****
No Blog of the Week this week, sorry!  I had planned to use Eyegirl's blog but due to personal circumstances, she opted to make her blog private.  I would hate to tell you all about her fabulosity and then you not be able to access her blog.  I was too lazy busy to look for another blog to use so I'll be back next week with a different one. 

12 showed me some love:

The Life of Riley said...

Have a great weekend Sprinkles,

Woofs from your friend
Riley

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Well you shared your half full stuffs.. and it was all grrreat. So since we can't link I'll just share MY half full stuffs/OK?
I now have 28 in the card X-change.
I got a Prize pressie from Mango and another from Yoda. TWO pressies in ONE week.
AND my mail Lady Miss Pattie is gonna TRY to have my picture put in the Postal Carriers MAGAZINE for December!!!

Velvet Over Steel said...

Yes, that was a sign that You are doing the Right thing by going back to school! I love signs!! :-)

That is so rude about jobs that don't finish interviewing everyone they've contacted. Extremely rude!! Sometimes I think that it's just an excuse, that they were going to hire someone 'they already' knew and get 'post' the job for HR, legal reasons! I've seen it happen a LOT!

I so hope that 'Eye Girl' can put her blog back to public again soon!

Have a Wonderful weekend!!
Hugs,
Coreen

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Guess that was one job just not meant to be. Hope you have a good weekend. We are part of the card exchange, just have to figure out how to do an e-card to a large group.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Daily Pip said...

Hey Sprinkles! Have a great weekend! I am very excited for the card exchange. Great idea!

Your pal, Pip

Zuzana said...

You must have lost count with all the interviews you have been going to this past year.;)
I love the fact that you are now looking for - and are sensitive to - signs of how life is gently directing your faith.;))
Have a lovely Saturday dear sprinkles,
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for continuing with Half Full Friday. The link is up, but obviously it only has a few people who can see it right now.

I'm so sorry that I ruined your plans of selecting my blog. What an honor!! Thank you for thinking of my blog. My photograph blog is still public, but of course, that's not the same. :) The past 2 1/2 days have been completely drama free. I'm hoping they continue that way and things can go back to normal soon.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate when you have shifty job interviews. I interviewed with a company a while ago and it was a phone interview with people in their home office, a city I wasn't in and when I asked where the office was in my city they didn't know!

♥ Sallie said...

Gingerbread Halloween house? COOL!

And I love Cheryl. Indiana is the coolest boyfriend ever!

Hugs.

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Me and Mommy really enjoy the Christmas Card exchange. So glaq guys are contiunuing the tradition.

Mommy believes ibn Karma too. You don't want to hear what she wants to do besides cut their noses off.

{{{huggies}}}....Mona

the booker man said...

miss sprinkles,
woohoo for free fur stylin' products!! my mama goes totally gaga for that stuff, too. :)

*woof*
the booker man

pee s -- could you pretty please send me a bark mail at iamthebookerman (AT) gmail (DOT) com? i need your snail mail addie. TEEHEE!

AndreaLeigh said...

i'm sorry that job didn't work out! i hope something works out soon.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.