Saturday, June 8, 2013

Half Full Friday - On A Saturday

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  And then come back her and tell me what made you happy!
 
~I'm happy because...

I had lunch with a friend earlier this week!

My noisy neighbors have either moved, or are on an extended vacay!  And I haven't missed them in the slightest!

My big volunteer event is only a week away!  I'm mostly happy that it's almost over; I'm so ready for it to be done!

I've gotten to wear several pairs of my fun summer shoes this week!

I've gotten lots of quality time in with the chi's since school ended!

My hip is feeling much, much better!  It's bothered me quite a lot all week!

Some lady gave me a free plant!

My roses are blooming!

Yesterday was payday, which included a very small raise!  It's small, but at least it's something!
*****
I'm supposed to be enjoying the summer, but it doesn't seem like I've had much time off.  There's always something going on.  Most of it's been fun stuff, like Crazee Days, and Arts and Roses.  

Some of it's been filled with my big volunteer project too.  I took on a different role this year, which I'm absolutely hating.  I only have a general idea of what I'm supposed to be doing, and I'm not even sure if that's correct.  I'm thinking about not coming back next year.  The coming week will be a lot of work, getting ready for the big day.  And then once it's done, it's done.  YAY!!!  

Work hasn't been bad at all in the lab.  The scantrons have been a nightmare though!  We're using a new system in conjunction with the old system, so everything takes twice as long to do.  We're discovering all the kinks with the new system, which is always fun!  {*sarcasm*}  Thank goodness we haven't been busy with scantrons yet, because we've had to redo a lot of them on the new system.  Usually I prefer doing scantrons, but lately I've been preferring the lab.

3 showed me some love:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Sounds like you are having a good week! There is nothing worse than bad neighbours is there.
Bet the boys are enjoying having you at home with them :)
Lynne x

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

You KNOW how I love these posts... no matter WHAT day they come up.

pibble said...

It's better to have a payday and quality time with the furry ones than not! Have a great Sunday!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.