Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Meme

I wasn't home very much yesterday, so there wasn't much chance to come around and visit.  I have some errands to run this afternoon, so I plan to read blogs this evening.  We have our annual fundraising event coming up this Friday for the committee I volunteer for.  It's an overnight event, so I won't be able to be around much then either.  Once that's done though, we're done for the season!  I think we're all beginning to feel the burnout from it, so it'll be nice to not have to deal with that for awhile.

Since I'm sure you have no interest in hearing about my shopping spree for this big event over the weekend, I'll spare you the details.  It was strictly for the our fundraising event, not for fun.  With being focused on that right now, I really don't have much else going on.  Which means I have nothing to talk about...  Which means you get a Monday Meme.  Aren't you lucky?

1.  Describe your everyday dishes.

I've described my dishes here before, somewhere.  Too lazy to search for it.  I remember buying some china dishes which were on sale.  At the time, I still lived with my parents.  I'd go buy household stuff, then put it in storage, so that when I moved out on my own, I could set up house.

So as I was saying, I'd bought these dishes.  My mom said that I just raved and raved about them for days, and even kept them at her house for awhile so that I could continue to admire them.  I honestly don't remember going on and on about how pretty they are.  They're really kind of ugly.  They kind of remind me of something you'd find at a garage sale, which makes me wonder why I didn't try to find a prettier pattern.  But they work well, so that's all that really matters, I guess.

2.  What is a song for which you thought you knew the words and later found out that you had them wrong?  

OMG, where do I even start?  LOL  Here's one of the more embarrassing ones.

My parents were big lovers of country music.  I,on the other hand, can.not.stand.it!!!

One artist in particular that my mom really liked is Juice Newton.  She had a hit many years ago called Angel of the Morning, which my mom adored and listened to regularly, even for years after.  There's a lyric that goes, "Just touch my cheek before you leave me."  I thought it was, "Just brush my teeth before you leave me."  Even now when I hear it, I still think of that!

If you want to hear the song, click here.  I refuse to post the video, since I will not put anything country music related on my blog.

3. If you had to wear someone else's wardrobe for a week (assuming you fit their clothes perfectly), whose would you want to wear?

Hmm...  This is a hard one.  I have a friend who used to wear a lot of cute clothes.  Then she gained a bunch of weight, so she dresses kind of sloppy now.  I wouldn't mind her old wardrobe!

My old art professor had some really nice outfits too, stuff you'd never find around here!  She used to live in New York City, so I'm guessing that's where she got a lot of her stuff.  Most of her stuff looked like it was from a high end clothing store.

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind when you first see this picture?  Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
It's a tree, obviously! It kind of reminds me of one you'd see in a scary movie, one that would rub up against a window on a windy night in order to make the scene even more scary.

5 showed me some love:

Jenny Woolf said...

Fun answers. I think wearing someone else's wardrome also meant having their style - some people can wear any old thing and look great, others spend a fortune on their clothes and look like they're in old flour sacks or something :)

Finn said...

Blare Witch Project type of tree for sure! Good luck on your fundraiser!

Lorenza said...

I am sure everything will go perfect on your fundraising event!
Hmmm.... looks like a very scary tree!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

jen said...

Lol. I think every song that I know, I miss up the words in!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Loved those Q and A's. I always mix words of songs up and if I could borrow someone elses wardrobe it would be someone with style, LOL.
Lynne x

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.