Friday, October 4, 2013

Half Full Friday

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty.  I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  And then come back here and tell me about it!

~I'm happy because...

I got another pair of shoes and they're soooo comfy!

I went to Living History Day! 

I'm not happy that I got a D on my first math exam, but I'm thrilled that my professor will let me redo it using notes and my textbook so that I can earn back partial credit on it!

One of my classes was unexpectedly cancelled yesterday, so I got to come home early!

I get to sleep in today!

I saw this on campus yesterday and it made me smile:
*****
What a crazy week this has been!  A couple of weeks ago, one of my tires popped on the way home from school.  For various reasons, I couldn't change the tire off and replace it with the spare.  I ended up having to hire someone the next day to go out, switch the old tire to the spare and then replace the spare with a new tire after I drove to the store.  Monday, another tire popped!  Ugh!  After changing the tire, the store told me that when they were rotating the tires, they found a nail in a third tire.  NO!  Fortunately, they were able to just patch that one up.  Hopefully this will be the last of the tire buying for awhile.

Because I got home late on Monday night, I didn't have as much study time as I needed, so I didn't do well on my math test.  I'm struggling to figure out how to use my calculator too, which didn't help.  My professor has shown us how to enter formulas into our calculators all in one step.  I can do it right along with her, but when I try it on my own, it doesn't work out.  I don't know why, but I just cannot seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong!  She's only shown me how to do it 500x times now!  OK, maybe a slight exaggeration, but still...  I even went to her office today to go over it again.  

Wednesday, I totally forgot to post Wordless Wednesday!  I didn't even realize it until that evening.  Oh well, probably no one noticed anyways...  Something crazy happened at work too, but I won't go into all that.

Thursday was really the only ordinary day.  Who knows what today will bring?!


8 showed me some love:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Oh No on your Math grade but makes you do even better. It is important to have a COMFY shoes. Happy Friday. Lots of Golden Woofs Sugar

Unknown said...

Tomorrow is indeed another day and it is the weekend. We will think of positive things for next week. They might involve squirrels LOL. Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

Sketching with Dogs said...

It is so nice to get a comfy pair of shoes!
Bet the boys were happy to see you when you got home.
Ohhhhh, that bike is totally divine!
Lynne x

The Life of Riley said...

I love the bicycle with all those flowers! Have a great weekend.

Julie Hibbard said...

Happy Fall, Sprinkles

Ruby said...

Well, you have had quite the week!!! gosh changin' tires out is a big job, Ma does know how, butts since she has AAA, it's just easier to give them a call and tow to a shop! She's lazy like that! BOL
That bike is really cool!
I don't know what genius math your takin' butts Ma LOVED algebra, butts cannot understand geometry to save her life!!! I'm guessin' your doin' calculus? You are WAY smarter than Ma!! hehehe
Hopes your weekend is uneventful....except for the good stuffs!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh, those tyres sound as if they might all need a bit of TLC if they were bought the same time, maybe they will give up the ghost at the same time! just as well you were obviously not driving fast. I am completely with you about the math, it's another universe as far as I am concerned!

Anonymous said...

Comfy shoes are the best! Love that bike in the photo : )

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.