Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday Meme

We're about half way through the semester already.  I can't believe how quickly it's gone so far!  It usually drags on until about spring break/Thanksgiving break and then is over in the blink of an eye.  

Next week, I'll tell you what I've learned so far this semester. 

Took this from here.

1.  If you could select one person from history and ask them a question to which they must give a truthful reply, who would you select and what would you ask?

So many to choose from!  Who would you pick and what would you ask?

I would like to speak to Leonardo Da Vinci and ask him what his inspirations were.  He was involved in so many different aspects of so many different things.  I wonder what he could accomplish if he was alive today.

I'd like to talk with Martin Luther King, Jr. too.  It would be interesting to get his perspective on the the world today.  I went to a Living History Day a couple of weeks ago, and he was featured prominently in the Black History Museum, as he should be.

I'd also be curious to meet Kurt Cobain to find out what really happened to him.  So many conspiracy theories - did he commit suicide, or was he murdered?  I've researched this a bit and am not convinced either way on this one.  

2.  How often do you go to an art gallery?

I try to go about once a year or so.  We have a good sized one near the campus and as a student, I have free admission.  They update things pretty regularly, so you never get bored.  This year, I went in the summer, just before school started.  

3.  Steak or burgers?

Cheeseburgers!

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Oddly, my boys don't seem in the least bit interested in tree rats.  They love to bark at anything and everything, so why they don't care about squirrels is a real mystery.  

We have a bunch on campus and I enjoy feeding them peanuts from time to time.

6 showed me some love:

Unknown said...

LOL re the pick ....I see dead squirrels....!!! Oh my burger or steak.....hmmmm drooling just thinking about it. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I would like to just LISTEN to Thomas Jefferson and Tecumseh . they must have been SO BRILLIANT. I wouldn't even be able to speak to either of them.

Sagira said...

We live in a newer housing development so we don't even have any squirrels around here yet. LOL Have a great week! :)

Sketching with Dogs said...

It would be great if you could talk to someone from history.
My dogs aren't interested in squirrels either - just big dogs - eek!
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

Ruby said...

You DON'T bark at tree rats???!!! Oh my. Wells, I'll be right overs and teach you the great art of scarin' those evil little furry tails!!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Devinci would be an interesting one to chose...Cheeseburgers for me too. I like watching squirrels, they entertain me

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.