Monday, March 24, 2014

SPRING BREAK, BAYBEE!!!

Yes, spring break is finally here!  This is my fourth of ten glorious days off in a row from work and school.  Sadly, I have no $ for a spring break road trip.  But at least I have a considerably lighter homework load this break than I did for last semester's.  I'm trying to do a bit each day so it doesn't seem so overwhelming.  

I've also got some errands and things to take care of - like getting the oil changed in the car, getting a haircut, laundry, cleaning the carpet, applying for internships etc.  And when I'm not busy with all of that, I'm either catching up on TV or blogs.  I'm loving actually having a little bit of free time and not having to feel guilty for not studying or doing homework.  

Took this from here.  It's an oldie but goodie!
*****
1.  Look around you.  List the first 5 things you see that bring back good memories.

A.  Chihuahuas - My boys are my life!

B.  TV - I remember when I bought it, I ran into someone at the store that I hadn't seen in awhile.  We stood in front of a big display of various televisions, and the salesperson kept coming over to ask if we needed any help.  Finally, my friend left and the salesperson came rushing back over to ask if she could help.  Knowing she was anxious to get me out of her dept., I pointed at a TV at random and told her that was the one I wanted, even though I really hadn't looked at very well.  (I really was there to buy a TV!)

C.  CD's - I have a collection of them and hardly even listen to them anymore.  Don't know why...  But I don't want to part with them because they remind me of my youth - both good and bad memories.

D.  Candle - It reminds me of the Valentine's swap I did this past February.  Although my partner didn't buy me any candles, I bought one for her.  And while I was at it, I bought one for myself!

E.  Laptop - I love it, because it reminds me of all of my online friends.  Plus it holds pictures and music from my iPod.  

2.  Create a super pet by combining any three animals.

A dog about the size of a 5 pound chihuahua with leopard spots and that brays like a donkey.  

3.  How do your respond when someone says something unexpectedly kind to you?

I tend to say thank you, but then brush off the compliment like I'm not worthy.

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.  
This reminds me of my father.  I don't recall him ever putting his change in a decorative pattern like this necessarily, but he used to collect his change and save it for a rainy day.  He especially liked pennies for some reason.  I like to leave pennies around the house so that I'll think about him whenever I see one.

4 showed me some love:

Kathy G said...

Lovely story about your remembering your father through change. Have a great spring break!

Unknown said...

Todays questions kind of stumped us as we could not think of quick answers but we did love the thought of you leaving pennies around to remind you of your dad. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH BOY.... SPRING BREAK.... written in SNOW...

We hope that you enjoy each and every day... esp. the time with Chico and Shiver.

Jenny Woolf said...

Enjoy your spring break. It's nice to have the pressure taken off. I never thought of commenting on 5 things I could see around me. Guess I should not take things so much for granted.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.