Criminal Justice 102: Introduction to Police
- Three Eras of American Policing
- Political Era (1830s-1900)
- Professional Era (1900-1960)
- Influence of Technology
- Community Era (1960-present)
- Efforts to connect with citizenry
Political Science 300: Introduction to American Politics
What do interest groups do?
- Talk to policy makers and the media
- Mobilize supporters to contact and support/oppose legislators
- Produce research and distribute info for use in policy debates
- Attempt to raise their causes' profile
- Try to influence policy formulation and implementation'
- Help lawmakers write legislation
- Bipolar disorder
- State of both episodic depressed mood and episodic mania
- Mood shifts between two emotional "poles"
- Bipolar I Disorder
- Full-blown mania that alternates with periods of major depression
- Bipolar II Disorder
- Hypomania that alternates with episodes of major depression
I'm not sure why exactly, but I hated every single second of this class, so I ended up dropping it.
- Sam Alito
- Stephen Breyer
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Elena Kagan
- Anthony Kennedy
- Antonin Scalia
- Sonia Sotomayor
- Clarence Thomas