Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Break Blues...

Spring break is over, and now it's back to the real world.  Sigh...  It was sure nice while it lasted!  I got a lot done in terms of housework and stuff I'd been wanting to do for awhile.  I also went shopping twice and spent waaaaaaay too much money, got my car fixed, had dinner with friends and just generally enjoyed life with the chi's.  I'm going to miss our extended daily cuddle sessions.
*****
Took this from here.

1.  When was the last time you had a dream?  What was it about?

I had a weird one last week about Chico.  He'd gotten into a fight with another animal when the dream began, although I'm not sure if it was with Shiver, another dog, or some other kind of animal.  I noticed that he had a hole in his back, so I peered in and saw that there was something moving around in there.  I grabbed a spatula and pulled out a large, reddish-orange frog and several weird fish-type animals.  Oddly, Chico was really thin to the point of being able to see each individual rib once the animals were taken out.  I told myself that I needed to take Chico and the strange things that had been inside of him to the vet so that he could get treatment.  That's where the dream ended.

2.  Did you have a collection of some kind as a child?  If so, what was it?

I used to collect bottles.  Not sure what made me begin collecting them initially, but I had quite a large collection going.  Then we moved and I had to get rid of most of them.  And that was that!

3.  What was the worst concert you went to (with who and when)?  

I don't remember the year, but it was a Motley Crue concert.  The concert itself was fine, I just chose the wrong person to go with.  

I attended with a high school friend who had gotten pregnant and married while in high school.  She actually had two kids back to back, both while in high school.  Anyway, she and I got to the concert and met up with some other people in the parking lot.  I recognized them from high school, but we weren't friends.  We were sitting in different sections and everything seemed to be going along fine.  But then the guy from the group came over to the section my friend and I were in and they proceeded to make out on and off throughout the concert.  I was shocked because my friend was married and this guy was NOT her husband!  It was just awkward and I didn't know how to react, so I tried to ignore them.  The concert ended, and the guy tried to convince my friend to stay the night with him.  She was my ride home, so I protested loudly.  They made out some more, before finally parting for good.  On the way home, I said something about how I should tell her husband about the guy she was making out with.  She said he already knew.  It was a long, quiet ride home.  I babysat for her a few weeks later, and when the husband came to pick up the baby, I remember wondering whether or not I should say anything.  I decided not to.

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Initially, I thought it was maybe like an apothecary or a file cabinet with a bunch of small drawers or something like that.  But then I enlarged the picture, and noticed each square was different.  Upon closer inspection, it made me wonder if they're miniature models of various sewing machines?  A traveling salesperson could carry them around to show what each one looked like to prospective buyers and order one.  I'm probably totally wrong, but that's what I came up with.  What do you think?  

6 showed me some love:

Sketching with Dogs said...

That was a really strange dream about Chico, I sometimes dream awful things that happen to my dogs, it must be our love for them and fear that something might happen to them. Bottles is an unusual thing for a kid to collect, how cool.
Lynne x

Unknown said...

We seldom remember our dreams but we too collected old bottles. Funny that. Worse concert was some rubbish unknown band that probably stayed unknown as they were so bad I can still remember the crappy song called shopping on Saturday. It was that bad. Mini sewing machines it is we think. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Jenny Woolf said...

What an intriguing picture. I think they're sewing machines too, perhaps someone's model collection. ??

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

I dream about all kinds of things. most of them, I forget. Glad to hear you got some things accomplished. It always feel good.

The Daily Pip said...

I will be on spring break next week and I already know it won't be long enough. Isn't that silly!

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, your schooling is moving right along! Hang in there, it will be worth it. Glad you had fun and visited furiends while you were on break. That's a crazy pix, but I think you're right...mini sewing machines. Neat!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Pol Comm

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.