Monday, March 2, 2015

March Madness

Only three more weeks until spring break!  If I can hold on that long...  Sigh!
*******
Took this from here.  

1.  Who is someone of whom you are jealous?  Why?

I wouldn't say I'm jealous of her necessarily, but I know of someone who everyone seems to absolutely love.  People gush about her whenever they talk about her.  They go out of their way to bring her things all the time.  Guys go gaga over her.  She also has a trust fund that allows her to buy whatever she wants whenever she wants.  

I know she has a sad past, and she has some issues because of it.  She lies about stupid things all the time, and doesn't bother to keep track of what she told you previously.  No one ever calls her out on it, including me.  I don't know why I haven't.

I'm sure not everything in her life is perfect.  It just looks like it from the outside.  She has things sooooo much easier than I do.  No one is rushing out to buy me a drink from Starbucks on the regular, and I often feel invisible out in the world.

That's what I'm jealous of - not of her specifically, just that I see how much easier her life is compared to my own.

2.  What's the biggest personal change you've made in your life? 

I've lived in poverty since I got fired from my last job. If I didn't have my credit card set up as overdraft protection, I would have lost my house long ago.  I'm very poor, and I hate it.  I used to be able to pay my bills and sometimes I even had a little bit left over.  Now, my job doesn't pay enough to cover my bills even.  I'm living on student loans, and hoping things will be better once I graduate in May, and that I'll find a fabulous job.

3.  If you could get all the nutrition you needed in a day from a pill - without worrying about what to eat, no food preparation - would you do it?

As much as I enjoy eating (too much, really), I would probably do this.  It really would make things easier sometimes.  

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Once upon a time, I thought it might be fun to try to write a book.  I didn't have any grand plans of trying to get it published or anything - just thought it would be fun to try.  I wrote exactly one chapter (which I didn't save) about how one day I got in my car and drove off to a new adventure, having no idea of where I was going or where I'd end up.  

4 showed me some love:

Unknown said...

No not really envious of anyone and changed careers but poorer too but no regrets and no to the pill. That reminds us of a holiday. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Sketching with Dogs said...

It can't be easy seeing someone like that who supposedly has everything in life. One day very soon you will have enough money to live comfortably. You should be immensely proud of yourself that you have stuck it out for 4 years and know the light at the end of the tunnel is near.
Lynne x

The Daily Pip said...

I know it has been very stressful for you since you lost your job and then started school. I am wishing you a very prosperous and happy future!

Ruby said...

OMD, baby PANDA!!!! Ma loves Pandas and goes ga-ga over them...
Anyhu, Ma had a friend in school that was like that, trust me, things are not all rainbows and unicorns for her, that is just what she wants the world to think. And, yes, sometimes it's just easier to not call them on their s**t. Just be true to yourself, and that is all that matters in the end.
As for the being poor...oh yeah! Get that too! Just keep thinking that all those ramen noodles are gonna be a memory someday soon! You are gonna make it, and you are going to appreciate it so much more.
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.