Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring Break, Baby!!!

Spring has sprung, and brought allergies along with it.  I can barely breathe.  

Spring break could not have come soon enough this semester!  Things been non-stop go go go and I'm absolutely exhausted.  Thankfully, my internship supervisor said that it was important to have a full spring break off, and not to come in.  That was quite the surprise!  I still have a TON of homework (the essays are never ending!!!), but at least I can sleep in and spend my days with the chi's.  

It won't be all work and no play.  I've promised myself that I need to do at least one fun thing this week!

I'll be around later today to catch up with everyone.  
*******
Took this from here

1.  What are the first ten words that come to your mind right now?

Why am I so tired?  I wish I could breathe.

2.  Where is your dad's family from - either recently or genealogically?

 My father's family is from Ohio.  Genealogically, I believe either his grandmother or great grandmother was a full-blooded Apache Indian.  I think his early ancestors were also French.

3.  Describe a memory or encounter in which you considered your faith, religion, spirituality - or lack of - for the first time.

My parents were two different religions, and the family never went to church together.  My parents didn't exactly go out of their way to encourage me to attend church on my own, but they certainly never discouraged it either.


I spent the night with a friend when I was about 13 or 14.  Her family was very religious, and I was expected to attend services with them the following morning.  Because it was a church I had never attended before, I had no idea what to expect. Shortly after, my friend began pushing her religion on me.  I attended a daylong program with her and was bored out of my mind.  As I began to learn more about her religion, I realized it was not something that I believed in.  I believe in God, but I did not believe in her particular religion for a variety of reasons.  She had grown up with it, so it was completely normal to her.  I recognized that, but I knew that it was not something that I would ever be a part of.

I moved away about a year after meeting her.  One of the last times I saw her, she asked if I'd like to have the local church contact me me once I got settled in.  I told her no, and I could tell she was disappointed.  I spoke with her years later, and she told me she had left the religion.

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?


When I was little, my mom always took my brothers and I shopping for school clothes at the end of summer.  Usually we picked out my clothes first, then would look for clothes for them.  I don't know why, but that's what this image reminds me of.

5 showed me some love:

Unknown said...

Sun as it is sunny....Poland.....Faith wise nothing really and the pic makes us think of all the ironing we have to do. Have a great break. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Children believe whatever their parents teach them and people born into a religion cannot understand why others don't believe. Some continue that way into adulthood and others take another path. All are just seeking peace. I believe we should all live our own truths and keep it to ourselves.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

HEY..... guess WHAT?????? THIS will be your FINAL Spring Break!!!

Sketching with Dogs said...

I'm glad you are having a well earned rest. Hope you can have some fun while you are off for your Spring break, I know the boys will be happy!
Lynne x

The Daily Pip said...

Frankie took my line! Enjoy your spring break. Get lots of rest and do something special for yourself. You have worked hard and deserve it!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.