Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Dogswell Happy Hips Jerky Treats

My boys are big fans of Chewy.  This month we had an opportunity to try Dogswell Happy Hips Jerky Treats.
We received a 5 oz. bag to try.  Some of the peices were medium sized to large, but easy enough to tear apart by hand.  Dogs with bad or few teeth can still enjoy this jerky since it's so soft.  Both chi's have really enjoyed them and can't seem to get enough.  

I was excited to have Shiver and Chico try this because they usually use a different product and wanted to compare them.  Chico has luxating patellas, and sometimes he'd walk funny because of it.  The other product works really well and has eliminated some issues, but the store we get it from doesn't always have it in stock (so I usually buy more than one bag at a time).  If they ever stop carrying it, it's nice to know I have a backup plan!  I know that the patella (kneecap) and hip and two totally different things, but this jerky seems to work just as well as the other product he usually takes once a day.  Quite honestly, I did not see any changes in Chico whatsoever over the past 2 weeks, so I would most definitely recommend this!  I worried that he would go back to walking funny again or that he would be stiff while he was on this, but it never happened.  There truly was no difference!

The chi's loved the taste, and I loved that it only has 4 ingredients.  These jerky treats are grain and gluten free and contain no corn, wheat, soy, or fillers.  A 5 oz. bag is only $5.25, which is less than I pay for the other product that Chico has been using.  

I mentioned yesterday that Shiver had a recent diet change and that his body didn't adjust well to it.   I just want to stress that this is NOT the change I was referring to!  I'm 100% certain it was the food change that made him sick, and he's doing much better now that he's back to his regular food.  (Sadly, my poor carpet will never be the same!)  This jerky has nothing whatsoever to do with him being sick.  We've got a bit of the jerky left and he's still enjoying it as his morning treat, even if his appetite isn't quite back to normal yet.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures this time.  My iPod is my only camera right now, and my charger just stopped working a couple of days ago.  Unfortunately, I didn't get the pix uploaded before the iPod died.

We were not compensated financially for this post, but were provided free samples of dog treats in return for our honest opinions.
******* 
Still plenty of time to get in on my Christmas in July swap!  

6 showed me some love:

The Daily Pip said...

Hope Shiver feels better soon. Glad they liked the treats!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Mom won't give us jerky cause we choke. But they look good!
Lily & Edward

Sketching with Dogs said...

What a great product, something that does their joints good and they enjoy too!
So glad to hear that Chico is feeling better.
Lynne x

Ruby said...

OMD, those sound FABulous! I thinks I'll put those on my wish list fursure!
I'm glads Shiver is feelin' betters! I still am sendin' healin' vibes ☺
I sent you guys a email...just checking in about the Dance. Noodles and Molly didn't get an email from you guys
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Finn said...

are you getting a lot of folks signing up for Christmas in July? Can't wait for it! Have a great week!

Ziggy Stardust said...

I love these!!!



Loveys Sasha

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.