Sunday, October 11, 2015

Chico

Poor little Chico has had a rough year.  Earlier this year he had several sores on his head that took forever and a day to heal.  As soon as they did, more came in to take their place.  It got pretty nasty, so off to the vet we went.  They healed quickly with medication, and all seemed to be well.  Only they returned.  They didn't seem nearly as bad this time so I decided to just watch them.  After discovering a mass of sores by his ear, I knew another vet visit was in order.  There's just no way those sores would heal on their own.  This time the vet ordered a blood test and the results were not good!  Chico likely has either lymphoma cancer or leukemia.  That particular vet does not provide any kind of cancer treatments at all, and recommended a vet two towns over.  I've been told by a friend that this vet is very expensive, but that they put vet care above all else.

I hate asking for help, but I feel like I don't have a choice right now.  I'm not asking for help for myself, but for Chico.  I've applied, applied, and applied for jobs but just don't seem to be getting anywhere.  I've networked like crazy, volunteered for experience and more networks, gone to the school career center for resume and cover letter and interview and job finding help, and nothing is working.  Everyone keeps telling me I'm doing all the right things, but no one is hiring me.  I cannot even afford the most basic medical care for Chico and I want to make sure he's taken care of.  He's my priority right now.  If he can be treated easily, I want to be able to give him every chance possible.  If this turns out to be a difficult cancer, then I want to make his last days comfortable.  Quality of life is more important than quantity.

With much encouragement from Lynne, I've created a GoFundMe page in the hopes of raising the money necessary for his care.  Feel free to share his page.  If you can spare even just a dollar or two, I would be forever grateful.  No amount is too small.  Even if you can't contribute anything, please at least keep him in your prayers.  Thank you!

6 showed me some love:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Good luck, I hope you reach your target for dear little Chico. I have just put my post along with the GoFundMe widget on my blog so that we can start raising funds for him as soon as possible.
Hugs, Lynne Dip and Elliot xx

Jenny Woolf said...

I've left a donation and I hope Chico makes a good recovery.

Daisy said...

We are praying hard for sweet little Chico and all of you. Our hearts are with you.

Marg said...

I so hope you can get the funds to help Chica. Wish I could do more. Hopefully, Lynn's auction will help too. Good luck and we send tons if purrs and prayers.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We can make a small donation too, and we hope you can find a way to keep Chico comfy.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Chico. They are like our children....fur babies that we love unconditionally. May he heal real soon. Hugs,

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.