Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good Thing I Bought Those Crutches Last Year!

I had been sitting on my foot for awhile when I heard the clothes dryer stop.  Yes, I know I shouldn't sit on my foot but I do it all the time.  Well, I stood up and my foot felt numb.  Didn't think twice about it and tried to walk.  Took about two steps and twisted my foot in some weird way that only I could do as I fell to the floor and now it hurts to walk.  I know it's not broken as I can move all of my toes.  There is a little bit of swelling but no bruises at least. 

I wish I could have it checked by a doctor just to reassure me everything is ok but I have no health insurance and no $ to pay for a dr visit. 

Now I have to figure out how to put the sheets on my bed without walking too much.  I'm supposed to go to my parents house this evening.  Maybe if I complain loudly and long enough, they'll feel bad for me and insist on paying my medical bills!  LOL  Not likely and I wouldn't really want to saddle them with that!

Sorry, just had to vent!

3 showed me some love:

Martine said...

Dang it! I sure hope you feel better soon.

xo martine & the kiddlets

Zuzana said...

Oh no, sorry about your foot! You might have just twisted it. If it doesn't get better you can always go to the pharmacy and ask them there, they might have some ointment. I really hope you will get better soon, it is no fun not to be able to walk.

On another note I SO enjoyed learning about your makeup skills! Great! Wow, I would love to sit down with you and get a lesson or two!;) I am sure you could help me a lot, I have often been thinking that I would have loved to have been a makeup artist.;)

Have a great Thursday and hope your foot feels better today,

xoxo
Zuzana

Sketching with Dogs said...

Owwwww!
Sounds like you have twisted your foot as you got up (tell me something I DON'T know, I can hear you thinking,lol).
You could try wrapping it in a cold wet cloth, like a compress. I once did that and it really took the swelling down.
Hope it feels better very soon.
Lynne xx

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.