Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yes or No?

Since I have no job and can't even get an interview to save my life, I have a lot of free time.  A LOT of free time.  Which is not always good!  To alleviate some of the boredom and to keep me from thinking too much, I'm often on the internet. 

After my daily job search and sometimes in between, I like to check out blogs.  Some of them I follow and some I don't for whatever reason.  Part of it is because I like to be entertained and partly it's because I've been looking for ideas. 

I've been looking for something to make my blog a little more original and stand out.  So this is what I've come up with - Blog of the Week.  It'll be a weekly post (obviously) of different blogs that I've found usually from linking from one blog to another.  There are blogs that review other blogs, good and bad, but I haven't found any that specifically showcase a "Blog of the Week" stating what they like about the blog.  Or maybe there are and I just haven't come across them yet!

I will only present blogs that I enjoy, I won't rip someone else's apart.  They won't all be pet related either.  And if you want to recommend some, that would be even better!  This won't increase their traffic by much, if at all, since I only have 15 followers and one friend who reads from time to time but you might find an interesting blog you weren't aware of before!

What do you think?  Would this be of interest to anyone?  If so, I already have a few blogs in mind.  And if not, well that's ok too!

8 showed me some love:

Zuzana said...

I think it is a great idea. Sometimes I wish I had enough time to search for new blogs, I barely mange to return all the lovely visits I get.;) I am looking forward to see your recommendations.;)
Have a good Monday and enjoy the time off you have, before you know, it will be back to work again.;)
xo
Zuzana

Diana Chiew said...

I love to read blogs too and they are not necessary pets but things that are of interest to me. Most of the time I stumbled upon them. It would be nice to know what kind of blogs that interest you too.

- Diana

Sketching with Dogs said...

I think thats a very good idea. As you say people can find out about new interesting blogs that they wouldn't otherwise have known about. I have discovered most of the blogs I like just by clicking on them from the blog I was reading at that time, so it will be great to see what you come up with.
Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog, and just visiting for the first time. I found you through a comment you left on My Life In Purple's blog. I think this is a great idea! I'm sure the bloggers you decide to showcase will be honored to be selected by you. What a nice thing to start doing!

Unknown said...

That's a nice idea! I agree - I wish I had more time to visit new blogs but struggle to return all the visits from our regular visitors as it is!

Hsin-YI & Honey the Great Dane

My Life in Purple said...

I left you some blog love! Come one over and pick it up :)

xoxo

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Yes, I think it is a good idea. I'm always trying to find new blogs to look at (even though I already have like 300 saved in my faves).

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Sounds like a great idea!

Cheryl

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.