Friday, February 12, 2010

Half-Full Friday and Blog of the Week

Well, I didn't get job #3 that I interviewed for.  I wasn't too disappointed because it wasn't exactly a dream job and I already had interview #4 scheduled.  That interview did not go well at all!  There are 3 locations in the town I drove to and as luck would have it, I went to the wrong one.  I don't know why I didn't confirm which location I was to have gone to but that was the first strike against me.  I got to the correct one only I was late.  Strike two.  The first location called the lady I was to interview with so that she was aware of it but I felt incredibly stupid and was really upset with myself for being late. 

I had emailed them my resume previously and when I got there, I was asked to complete an application.  Stupid me, I never bothered to turn the page over so I didn't realize there was another section to fill out.  Strike three.  I knew this did not bode well for me but I wasn't ready to walk out and be defeated. 

I was interviewed by two women who both basically in their own way said that I wasn't qualified for the job and that they didn't have time to babysit me.  Yes, they used the word "babysit!"  I wanted to ask why they even bothered to interview me then but I didn't.  I remained polite the whole time.  At the end, they asked me to finish completing the application.  I almost asked them why I should bother since we all knew that I wouldn't be getting the job but I knew they were just going through the motions and that I should too so I completed it and left.  So now I'm back to Square One. 

On that note, lets move on to something happier!  It's time for Half-Full Friday!  I participated in this last week and several of you commented that you liked it so I'm gonna do it again.  If you want to join in the fun, head on over to Eyegirl's blog and add yourself to her Mr. Linky!


I am happy that Shiver is always there to "help" me make the bed!  It can be annoying sometimes but I'd really miss it if he stopped doing it.

I'm happy my friend invited me over to her house for dinner!

I'm happy this same friend made me cupcakes when I mentioned having a craving for them!

I'm happy I had enough points to get a free Subway sandwich!

I'm happy I got my housework done and that I now have a clean house! 

I'm happy that spring has shown signs that it's on it's way!

I'm happy my migraine is finally gone!

I'm happy that I get to cuddle with my chi's for a little bit every morning before I get up!  It's one of the few perks of not having a job.

This week's Blog of the Week is one I just discovered via Santa and Minnie!


Santa and Minnie were featured recently and posted about it on Santa's blog, that's how I became familiar with it.  You can read their interview here

I haven't done any research on this blog like I should but it appears it started in 2009. The premise is asking dog owners questions about their pets.  Most of the participants seem to be book authors or magazine journalists although not all of them are.  As the name suggests, only dogs are included.  The interview questions are mostly the same for everyone with a little bit of variance.  The average interview is about 15 questions.  An ordinary day in the life of the dog is given as well as their proudest and most embarassing moments.  There is at least one photo of the dog(s) with their owners and then two or three of just the dogs themselves.  At the end of the interview, there is a brief description of the author and their work.

This may not sound interesting but it truly is!  After reading Santa and Minnie's entry, I took a look around at the other various breeds they've featured in the past and I probably read for a good 2 hours, at least!

5 showed me some love:

Sketching with Dogs said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get the job but it doesn't sound like a big loss - those women sound really condescending and horribe. I have been interviewed by people like that too.
Sounds like you have a nice friend there, it must have cheered you up.
We saw Auntie Diana's interview too, it was very good.
Hope you have a good weekend with the pups.
Lynne

Zuzana said...

Absolutely LOVE the new look to your blog.;)) Very nice!
So sorry about the interviews and job hunting, but I know you will get a job soon. I can feel it.
I really enjoyed your account of the last interview, but perhaps just because it all went slightly wrong, it might still work out.;)
So you can sense spring is soon on its way? NOT here.:(( Make sure to check out my Monday post and see the arctic conditions we have here...
Have a lovely weekend dear friend and a Happy Valentines day,
xo
Zuzana

jody said...

It's too bad that job didn't come through but it's a good sign you're getting interviews, hopefully it won't be too long until you get the job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining me again for Half Full Friday. I'm sorry about the job. I hope something comes along soon for you!

Diana Chiew said...

Not to be bothered too much about those unsuccessful interviews. At least you've gained some experience with each and everyone that you have been to. I am sure there will be more interviews to come and and you'll get the job that you've been looking for.

Thanks for links to Santa's and Minnie's blog. Hahaha...that was some time spent over at Coffee with a Canine!

- Diana

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.