Friday, February 26, 2010

Half-Full Friday and Blog of the Week

The week started off really badly but it's ending on a much better note!  It's Friday which means it's time to reflect on all the things that made me happy this week.

If you'd like to join in the fun, head on over to Eyegirl's and add yourself to Mr. Linky. 
I'm happy Monday is over!

I'm happy the snow melted after a day!

I'm happy Max has made it 20 days past his grim prognosis!

I'm happy to be getting my taxes done for free tomorrow!

I'm happy my chihuahuas are happy!

I'm happy I got to have dinner with two friends this evening.

This week's Blog of the Week makes me both happy and sad at the same time.  I found it through a comment that the blog originator, Wesley, made on Max's blog.


Wesley found this when he was standing on his porch this past Sunday:
A walking skeleton of a dog!  Fortunately for him, Wesley has a big heart and has been caring for him ever since.  This blog is to help track his progress.  

As you can tell by the name of the blog and the dog's frame, his name  is Skeletor.  And Wes is his salvation.

He visited the vet and sadly, it turns out Skeletor has heartworm.  He only weighs 39.20 pounds as of this past Thursday.  Once he gains some more weight, he can begin treatment.  It's curable, but there is a risk associated with it.  He goes back in a few weeks and in the mean time, Wes and his roommate will continue to fatten him up.

The blog has been updated daily since it's inception with pictures and comments about Skeletor's progress and today there was also a video.  There's a spot on the blog for donations but Wes never outright asks for money.  If there was a way for me to give, I most definitely would. 

I just wanted to thank Wes for helping Skeletor.  Skelly is a pit bull which is a turn off for so many people.  He could have easily walked away and left the dog for an inevitable death out on the streets but he didn't.  He's made a real effort to care for this dog and asked for nothing in return.  The world would be a better place if there more people were like him!

7 showed me some love:

Zuzana said...

What a beautiful post. I love your Friday posts, as they are so positive.
A wonderful blog that you shared today, incredibly sad and happy story at the same time.
I hope you enjoy dinner with your friends.;)
Btw, the problems with watching movies might be in your flash, you might have to reinstall it.
In Internet Explorer, flash player is required for watching online videos. If you are using 32 bit edition Vista, install the adobe flash player from the link http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe
Sorry for this off topic comment, but your mail does not show anywhere, so it is not possible to email you.;))
Have a lovely weekend,
xoxo
Zuzana

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Great list!! Hope Skeletor gets the treatment he needs!!

Have a pawsome weekend!
Woofs and Kisses!

Anonymous said...

Thanks you for joining me, and I'm glad your week got better. The world would be a better place if more people were like him! The photos of that dog just breaks my heart. I love my dogs so much and I can't stand thinking of other animals that are hurting. It makes me want to cry.

Piappies World said...

Hello Sprinkles!

We are happy that your week has given you more smiles than sadness. We pray that Skeletor gets better.

We also invite you to visit us in our world and we friends with us too. WE find your blog so interesting and informative too.

Hope you're having a good weekend!

-Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar & the Piappies

Maxmom said...

Hey there Sprinkles
I've been meaning to visit this past week, but haven't had time. But Im here now.
You know, your blog is turning into an absolutely beautiful blog! Keep it up, I just love it! It is so uplifting.
Thank you for mentioning Max and thank you too for mentioning Skeletor...what an amazing story his is and what an amazing blogger too!
Hope your next week is a good one. The 'bad' is only there to highlight the good.
Take care now
Lotsalicks and lotsaluv
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with videos! Have you tried clicking on the actual "box" of the video - which will take you through to the same video on YouTube - sometimes I find that if you can't watch it embedded in the post, you can watch it OK in YouTube.

Anyway, the link to that video of puppy Hney is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0AIx9CKIeY

- and if you wanted to watch the video of our doggie dancing camp, it's at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CIj_ga-gYc

Hope this helps!
Hsin-Yi

Wesley said...

I am just now reading this. Thanks so much for the kind words!

Skeletor is doing great! He's sunbathing as we speak, while digesting a hearty lunch.

Cheers!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.