Friday, February 19, 2010

Half-Full Friday and Blog of the Week

It's the end of the week which means it's time for two of my favorite things!

I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on participating in Half-Full Friday.  If you'd like to join in the fun, head on over to Eyegirl's and add yourself to Mr. Linky.
I'm happy I got chocolate for Valentine's Day!

I'm happy I lost 3 pounds in one day even though I didn't do anything to lose it!  My scale is my best friend today!

I'm happy I got all my dishes washed yesterday!  They pile up so quickly sometimes.

I'm happy my friend didn't make me feel bad when I ate all her cheese and crackers!  Yes, I'm a pig - I admit it!  LOL

I'm happy three of my four zits are almost gone!  I always have at least one but rarely as many as four.

*****

This week's Blog of the Week is one that I've been enjoying for over two years now.


I don't remember how I found this blog but I do remember thinking that with a name like that, it had to be interesting and I wasn't disappointed!

This blog originally started in 2004 with the first real post in September 2005 by Johnny Virgil.  The blog is filled with his hilarious childhood antics with his friends and family.  It's not all about his childhood though, lots of posts are just about his thoughts on everyday life in general.  And they are ALL beyond funny!

There was a pretty popular email that made the rounds awhile back.  It featured clothing from a 1977 Sears Catalog with humorous commentary on our fashion sense (or lack of) during that decade.  Maybe you got it.  If you did and want to refresh your memory or maybe you didn't and want to know what the heck I'm talking about.  Click here here for a laugh!  He followed that up with a Part II and III but Part I is my favorite of the three.  Yeah, this guy created the post and someone was smart enough to turn it into an email for all the world to enjoy!  And if Johnny's post isn't side-splitting enough, try reading the comments!!!  You will laugh until you cry.  No, seriously!

If ever you need a laugh, check out Johnny's blog.  Sometimes I like to read the older posts and I'm never disappointed. 

6 showed me some love:

Juliana said...

I am a new follower and I love your blog. Hope you will come by and follow mine...not I am off to read his blog. I love meeting new bloggy friends! Juliana from A blonde walks into a blog

Zuzana said...

So many things to be happy about!!! As for snacking, i can eat a whole chocolate bar by myself.;)) Within minutes.;))
The blog you mention sounds very interesting, I think this is a great theme of yours.
Have a lovely weekend.;))
xoxo
Zuzana

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Have a great weekend!

Woofs and Kisses!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Those are some very good things for half fun friday.
I have lost 3 pounds but it took me about 2 weeks, please can you post your scales to me, lol.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining me again this week. Yay for chocolate!

Maxmom said...

Hey Sprnkles...
...Im happy because you are happy!
Congrats on all your awards!
Lotsalicks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.